Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Earliest flight out of SEA


Recommended Posts

The eternal optimist in me is still in full-tilt planning for my Ovation to Alaska cruise next June. What is the earliest recommended time to plan for a flight out of SEA post cruise?  Right now I can get a pretty good price on a flight at 11:00, but I feel like that might be pushing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Auto said:

The eternal optimist in me is still in full-tilt planning for my Ovation to Alaska cruise next June. What is the earliest recommended time to plan for a flight out of SEA post cruise?  Right now I can get a pretty good price on a flight at 11:00, but I feel like that might be pushing it.

Seeing as the industry will probably have to completely rethink the entire debarkation process once cruising resumes, I'd think that it will be impossible to estimate how long it will take to get off the ship, clear customs and make your way to the airport until a few cruises have been completed.  Even then, I'd imagine it will likely be a work in progress, with constant "tweaks" to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming off Explorer one time I was at the airport by 7:45am doing self-assist and hopping in a cab. 

I not suggesting anyone attempt an early departure because so many things can impact an arrival such as a medical emergency, fog or other unexpected event during the cruise.  

Keep in mind that early flight times may mean you are ineligible for Seattle's free luggage valet offered by the port, assuming this remains going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pulled the trigger on flights to and from Sea-Tac for our July 2nd cruise on Ovation. We had credits with the airline(s) from our cancelled cruise/flights from earlier this year. The rates were so low right now that we actually will have some decent credit left over with one airline. Plus they are still offering no change fees for flights booked thru the end of the month. So, while I would typically wait to book, I think more and more carriers are going to start winding down there grace and generosity, so wanted to take advantage of a benefit that I hope we dont need!

With all that being said, we are coming from the east coast and split our trip between using Delta and Alaska air. Better flight selection by doing that, otherwise the stops vs. the cost were getting a little out of hand. What I found is that since we are travelling right around the 4th of July holiday, prices really spiked the closer we got to the 4th. So our game plan is to fly in on Wednesday and hang out in seattle on thursday, cruise friday - friday. Then when we get back to Seattle, we are opting to stay overnight and then leave on Saturday morning and catch a non-stop back. All other flights on friday were either too early, or overnight with huge layovers. And they only would get us back home a couple of hours earlier then catching the saturday flight anyway. 

I mention ALLLL that just to say that perhaps with all the unknows right now... dont rule out staying an extra night and flying saturday. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

I just pulled the trigger on flights to and from Sea-Tac for our July 2nd cruise on Ovation. We had credits with the airline(s) from our cancelled cruise/flights from earlier this year. The rates were so low right now that we actually will have some decent credit left over with one airline. Plus they are still offering no change fees for flights booked thru the end of the month. So, while I would typically wait to book, I think more and more carriers are going to start winding down there grace and generosity, so wanted to take advantage of a benefit that I hope we dont need!

With all that being said, we are coming from the east coast and split our trip between using Delta and Alaska air. Better flight selection by doing that, otherwise the stops vs. the cost were getting a little out of hand. What I found is that since we are travelling right around the 4th of July holiday, prices really spiked the closer we got to the 4th. So our game plan is to fly in on Wednesday and hang out in seattle on thursday, cruise friday - friday. Then when we get back to Seattle, we are opting to stay overnight and then leave on Saturday morning and catch a non-stop back. All other flights on friday were either too early, or overnight with huge layovers. And they only would get us back home a couple of hours earlier then catching the saturday flight anyway. 

I mention ALLLL that just to say that perhaps with all the unknows right now... dont rule out staying an extra night and flying saturday. 🙂

Which airline? I have credits with United. What will happen to your tickets if you cruise is cancelled? Will it go back to credits?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Which airline? I have credits with United. What will happen to your tickets if you cruise is cancelled? Will it go back to credits?

Flying with Delta airline one way,  and Alaska Air coming back.  

If the cruise is canceled we can change our flights and rebook them for another date is how the agent explained. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...