Andrew3232

MA and NV will have TWO stops at CocoCay

3 hours ago, Andrew3232 said:

Breaking news! There will be some sailings on the Mariner of the Seas and in the Navigator of the Seas  with two stops at a perfect day at CocoCay. It’s a pilot, and it’s only available on some selected 4 night sailings. 

Ooooh, I hope that did that with our Navigator sailing! 

That's how/where they make their money....I have been stating all along here that CocoCay is now just a huge money grab for Royal.

if they implement this 2 stop option on their short cruises, be interesting to see how well it works out. I would prefer a sea day over a 2nd day at the same place...but that's just me....

On 8/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, monctonguy said:

That's how/where they make their money....I have been stating all along here that CocoCay is now just a huge money grab for Royal.

if they implement this 2 stop option on their short cruises, be interesting to see how well it works out. I would prefer a sea day over a 2nd day at the same place...but that's just me....

I, too, prefer a sea day. Yes, I can choose to stay on the ship but it isn't the same. They offer so many activities on sea days. If the ship is docked in Coco Cay, they most likely will not offer these options because they want you on the island spending $. Additionally, docked ships do not have the wonderful sea breezes and views from our balcony! I have been to Coco Cay twice now (June & July), so speak from recent experience. We choose our itineraries to go other places and just happened to end up at CC. 

3 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

I, too, prefer a sea day. Yes, I can choose to stay on the ship but it isn't the same. They offer so many activities on sea days. If the ship is docked in Coco Cay, they most likely will not offer these options because they want you on the island spending $. Additionally, docked ships do not have the wonderful sea breezes and views from our balcony! I have been to Coco Cay twice now (June & July), so speak from recent experience. We choose our itineraries to go other places and just happened to end up at CC. 

This is exactly how I feel too.  We love sea days and as you say, there will be less activities going on the ship, even if we don't get off the ship on the second CoCO Cay day.  Plus, I really enjoy when the ship is moving and just watching the waves go by.  So won't be the same.  Not complaining too much as it's still a cruise, and we have others booked, but if this was our only one, then we may have cancelled and booked another one in its place.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:21 AM, SPS said:

Are we actually talking about two stops or are they experimenting with overnight stays?

We were just there and several crew people mentioned RC is thinking of doing an over night stay but no news yet. 

I think this drives at the reason people cruise to begin with. For us, it's 70% plain getaway based on length (days missing work) and price and then 30% where the ship is going. I like Labadee and CoCoCay for the ease of getting on and off and the included amenities, but I understand others are looking to travel to other places or at least have days at sea. I would agree that a day at sea sounds more enticing than a second day at CoCoCay, but we'll see if we're in a sizable enough portion to sway RCCL.