Availaiblity of Cabins - None for 2 people lots for 3 people?

Hey folks,

We are booked in a crown loft on the Harmony for my wife's birthday in December and some friends that are interested in coming as well. I go through the motions on the website and enter 2 passengers and the Oceanview balconies show as "sold out". However when I enter 3 people there are *LOTS* of Oceanview balconies available. Any idea if those balconies will eventually open up for 2 persons? Is this standard procedure? 

Thanks

I am not 100% sure but taking a guess here...It may be that the ocean views that are left are for quad occupancy and they are not opening it up for just 2 people?  However, your best bet would be to actually call them and speak to someone.  The site is not that reliable.  Or check inventory on another site like Costco.  Sometimes RC doesn't show everything available.

More than once I fought with RCI booking over 2 person room verse 3-4 rooms when only booking for 2 people.  I have always won, but a supervisor has to get involved.  Not too long ago this never happened, but now many two person rooms are considered up to four even though they don't have anymore square footage.  I know it is about max profits, but I book early (often up to 2 years in advance) so I can get the rooms I want.

19 hours ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

Try a travel agent - seriously - they can make magic happen and can see inventory that they don't show on the web page. It doesn't cost you anything - they are paid a commission from the cruise line. 

Use a travel agent.

18 hours ago, wstephensi said:

I book early (often up to 2 years in advance) so I can get the rooms I want.

+1 on this, I have 6 cruises booked out through 2021, one of the sole purposes is that I can usually get the room I want with no issues.