Are you ready to book an Alaska cruise in 2024?
Royal Caribbean has released its Alaska cruises for the 2024 season.
The cruise line will send four cruise ships to Alaska in 2023, matching the amount of ships it has been sending to the region in the years prior.
The new sailings are posted on Royal Caribbean's website.
Why booking early is so important
If you want to get in some of the lowest Alaska cruise prices, booking early is the key.
Equally important is the ability to get a specific cabin, especially suites. Some highly desirable cruise cabins sell out quickly, especially the aft balcony cabins on the Radiance Class ships.
While you could roll the dice and hope for a better last-minute deal on an Alaska cruise, the cabin selections will be paltry at best.
More information to help you save money on an Alaska cruise:
- How far in advance to book an Alaska cruise
- What is the cheapest month for an Alaska cruise?
- Tips for taking an Alaska cruise on a budget
A look at the 2024 Alaska cruises
The new Alaska 2022 cruises are available to book between April and September 2024.
Ovation of the Seas will sail from Seattle and offer 7- and 8-night Alaska glacier cruises.
Quantum of the Seas will also sail from Seattle, sailing 7-night cruises.
Both Quantum Class ships will visit scenic cities and towns along the Northwest coastline, including Victoria, British Columbia; Sitka, Skagway, Ketchikan and Juneau, Alaska.
The two Radiance Class ships will offer cruises from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Radiance of the Seas will offer 7-10 night Alaska cruises that can also combine with Land Tours to offer immersive visits to Alaska, including in-land destinations such as Denali.
Radiance is sailing alternating, open-jaw itineraries between Vancouver and Seward.
Brilliance of the Seas will sail primarily 7-night roundtrip cruises, including some multi-glacier cruises that visit Hubbard Glacier in addition to Dawes Glacier.
Be sure to consult the Royal Caribbean website or your travel professional for further assistance with itinerary options and booking.
Hawaii 2024 cruises
In addition to the Alaska cruises, Royal Caribbean also included Hawaii cruises in this new deployment.
Royal Caribbean sails to Hawaii as part of the repositioning process to get its vessels between North America and Australia. This means each ship that sails to Alaska, does a one-time Hawaii cruise as it gets into position.
At the time of this article's posting, Radiance of the Seas Hawaii itineraries are not listed yet.
In April 2024, the ships will offer cruises from Hawaii to North America:
- Brilliance of the Seas: 8-night cruise from Oahu to Vancouver with stops in Maui & Hawaii.
- Ovation of the Seas: 9-night cruise from Oahu to Vancouver with stops in Maui & Hawaii.
- Quantum of the Seas: 10-night cruise from Oahu to Vancouver with a sailing along the Napali Coast and stops in Maui & Hawaii.
At the conclusion of the Alaska cruise season, the ships reverse the itinerary and sail from Vancouver to Hawaii.
- Brilliance of the Seas: 10-night cruise from Vancouver to Oahu with stops in Kauai, Maui, Hilo& Hawaii.
- Ovation of the Seas: 9-night cruise from Vancouver to Oahu with a stop in Maui and sailing along the Napali Coast.
- Quantum of the Seas: 10-night cruise from Vancouver to Oahu with stops in Victoria, Seattle & Maui.
More about Alaska cruises