Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: July 12, 2020
Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and are ready to catch up on all the Royal Caribbean news from this week!
Royal Caribbean revealed this week its blue ribbon panel of health experts that will create a set of enhanced cruise line health and safety protocols.
The Healthy Sail Panel is comprised of top experts in public health, infectious disease, biosecurity, hospitality and maritime operations in response to the current global health crisis.
Royal Caribbean Group Chairman and CEO Richard Fain spoke with one of the Healthy Sail Panel's co-chairmen, Governor Mike Leavitt, that shed more light onto how this panel was created, where it is going, and what its goals are in order to get cruise ships sailing again.
The Healthy Sail Panel has been working for almost a month, and should have its initial recommendations by the end of August.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean's parent company changed its name.
- A look at where Royal Caribbean is now, and what's next for cruises.
- Odyssey of the Seas has reached a new construction milestone this week.
- Royal Caribbean expects new health protocols to be announced by the end of August.
- How to avoid the most common cruise drink package mistakes.
- Answers to the most commonly asked Lift & Shift questions.
- Tips for getting the most value from staying in a suite.
- How to make the most of your time on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
- The top 10 extra costs not included in a cruise.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
This week's cruise story is about how cancelled cruises (plural) can eventually result in a great cruise vacation.
Royal Caribbean will add social distancing on its cruise ships
One of the new health protocols you can expect to find on Royal Caribbean will be social distancing onboard when its resumes cruises.
Royal Caribbean expects initially to reduce the overall guest capacity on board its fleets to allow for easier social distancing.
As of right now, reducing guest capacity is not expected to be permanent.
In addition, other forms of social distancing are being explored, including reduced capacity at dining and other public venues, staggered embarkation and check-in and the addition of more options for entertainment such as additional show times to allow for social distancing.