Royal Caribbean Post Round-Up: May 24, 2020
Happy Sunday and happy unofficial start to summer, as the Memorial Day weekend here in the United States marks the start of the season for many.
Royal Caribbean cancelled all of its sailings through July 31, 2020, pushing back the date it may restart sailings.
The announcement came at the end of the company's earnings call with investors, with a new target date to resume on August 1, 2020.
The only exception to the suspension is China sailings, which will be suspended through the end of June.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean reported over $1 billion losses during the first quarter.
- Allure of the Seas arrived in Spain to begin some dry dock work.
- Richard Fain told CNBC "We're not sure when we're coming back"
- Here is Royal Caribbean's explanation on why refunds are taking so long.
- Royal Caribbean's newer ships reach a break-even point quicker than older ships.
- Demand by repeat cruises has surprised the cruise line.
- Corporate partner Universal Studios Orlando will reopen on June 5.
- Australia extended its ban on cruise ships until September.
- Royal Caribbean ends option for travel agents to complete online check-in for guests.
- United States and Canada extend non-essential travel border shutdown an additional 30 days.
- 7 family games that bring a Royal Caribbean cruise to your house.
- How to postpone your Royal Caribbean cruise until later due to coronavirus
- Many cruisers willing to go back on cruise ships before a vaccine exists.
- Here is the latest Odyssey of the Seas cruise construction photo.
- Italy is going to reopen its borders in June.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Vania shares how finding other cruise fans online helped fuel her love of going on a cruise, and shares how it compelled her to book an Anthem of the Seas sailing.
What changes will Royal Caribbean make to keep guests healthy once cruises resume?
Many cruisers are wondering what the cruise experience will be like in first few months once cruises resume.
Without a doubt, Royal Caribbean will implement a wide variety of policy changes to the onboard experience, but it remains to be seen exactly what these changes will look like until a formal announcement is made.
Check out our list of changes we know about, and unconfirmed changes that are still considered rumors.