Zipline & shoes

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

I had the water shoes on for on the Symphony zip line and they wouldn't let me on, although they are very secure they are just like normal shoes with holes in. much more secure than crocs

On 8/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No loose clothing and "tennis shoes and socks".

What about water shoes that look like normal shoes?

1 hour ago, Jess said:

https://www.amazon.com/Aleader-Quick-Drying-Water-Shoes/dp/B01IMUKTQO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1471012489&sr=1-8&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=water+shoes&linkCode=sl1&tag=royalcacom-20&linkId=ebab20fcc8a926c343f1ae58610fe90c

these are the ones I have and matt posted them on the blog here, to me these would not fall off as they are like shoes but I may have just caught a strict attendant.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/12/5-things-bring-labadee-make-your-visit-awesome

2 hours ago, Jess said:

My husband (he's the one that rides the zip line, I don't) has only ever worn actual running shoes to participate so I'm not sure about any other footwear.  But I would think that if they didn't let @J_Keeble on with his water shoes, then they must be pretty strict about it.  The last thing they need is for clothing or footwear to come off while someone is on it and it falls on someone below.  The zip line runs over the pool decks and Central park so I would think they have to be very vigilant about that.

They are very strict. 

Essentially, only shoes that are laced up. No boat shoes, loafers, sandals or water shoes. They can slip off upon landing and make you trip. 

Also no jewelry or accessories including watches, rings and even go pros that that securely strapped onto wrists or ankles. 

13 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

I have the aleader quick drying water shoes which is the ones on the amazon link that you added to the comment. And I was wondering if I could wear these shoes on the zip line.

3 hours ago, Jess said:

I have the aleader quick drying water shoes which is the ones on the amazon link that you added to the comment. And I was wondering if I could wear these shoes on the zip line.

Those would more than likely be rejected as they require shoes with laces that can tie up for a secure fit. 

My wife had those water shoes that form a secure fit jsut below the ankles and she wasn't allowed on. 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

There is a pad.  You dont really take run steps to land.   More like a second or two to get your feet firmly planted.  

On Allure, there is a yellow "floor"  before a green cushioned pad.  When landing, we were instructed to take 2-3 running steps in the yellow area before stopping on the green pad.

29 minutes ago, DirktheCat said:

On Allure, there is a yellow "floor"  before a green cushioned pad.  When landing, we were instructed to take 2-3 running steps in the yellow area before stopping on the green pad.

I recall the same thing on Allure.  I felt like Scooby Doo moving my feet prior to landing

giphy.gif