New X-ray machines to be installed in Cozumel

Matt

https://www.riviera-maya-news.com/new-security-x-ray-machines-to-be-installed-at-cozumel/2018.html

Two new security detectors will be placed inside the ferry terminals at Cozumel next week. The two new x-ray machines will be installed at the San Miguel passenger ferry terminal for additional security purposes says the port director.

Monitoring and surveillance will be handled by the company Multiservicios y Asesorías del Caribe SA de CV, who won the tender. Marrufo González said that the Royal Caribbean cruise company inspected the security services provided at the SSA Mexico cruise ship dock and has given it good ratings.

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

True, although the ferry incident was a different complex from the cruise ships docking area.

Well sure, but that's still going to be something that people bring up when Cozumel is in the itinerary. Maybe an overall 'peace of mind' thing for passengers. 

• 3 weeks later...

no we went to security on the ship and they found the rock my friend did not know that it was illegal. this was a kid I meet on the flowrider I told him  after the fact that the rock could have bacteria on it. I think the security at Cozumel is one of the best in the cribbean so I think the x ray machine will help from a small object from  being bought a vessel sorry for the confusion           

29 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

How a rock could be detected by a METAL detector if you bring it onboard?

And how is it that a rock poses a threat to a ship security? ?