Anthem Bermuda ???

rjac

Just now, tiny260 said:

If you look at the ships right now, an NCL ship and the Celebrity Summit, one is port and one is Starboard

It must be the size of the ships how they dock. Grandeur and Dawn are pretty small. I love looking at the webcam! Kinda makes you feel like you're there! Just paid final for our Summit sailing this morning, can't wait to head back! 

I hope it's port side for Anthem. I have a port-side room booked because of the fact it's the better side to be on during sail-away from Bayonne so you get the good view of Manhattan. Would love to also have it work out that we dock port-side and get a great view of Bermuda when we look out from the balcony, and when we have to leave the following day!

I was there in early may on Anthem. She docked starboard side. There was an NCL ship in front of us that docked port side. We were on the port side and you get a very nice view of the harbor and land going off towards St. George's. Many jet ski's, ferries and such pass by. For departure day watching people running for the ship (there were many!) you can get a good view of that from the pool deck :)

Something that I noticed, and a thing that I hope RC will take note of. NCL offers free ferries to and fro for Hamilton and St. George's Parish. There never seemed to be a line and the ferrys were so close to the ship. It was a nice perk for them. Another guest told us that they didnt ask for sea pass identification to leave from the dockyard but for the return trip they did so they got out of line and purchased tickets for the "regular" ferry.

On 5/31/2018 at 4:07 PM, JLMoran said:

I hope it's port side for Anthem. I have a port-side room booked because of the fact it's the better side to be on during sail-away from Bayonne so you get the good view of Manhattan. Would love to also have it work out that we dock port-side and get a great view of Bermuda when we look out from the balcony, and when we have to leave the following day!

Manhattan is actually north of the cruise port; Brooklyn is on the other side of the river.  Best views of Manhattan will be from the front or back, depending on which way she's pointing.  

9 hours ago, KathyC said:

Manhattan is actually north of the cruise port; Brooklyn is on the other side of the river.  Best views of Manhattan will be from the front or back, depending on which way she's pointing.  

Interesting. Don’t remember if it was here on the message boards or a podcast episode, but I’d swear I remember reading/hearing that port side was the better side to have your room for the overall view. Maybe it was just in the context of “if you plan to stay in your room and watch sail-away from your balcony”.

6 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Interesting. Don’t remember if it was here on the message boards or a podcast episode, but I’d swear I remember reading/hearing that port side was the better side to have your room for the overall view. Maybe it was just in the context of “if you plan to stay in your room and watch sail-away from your balcony”.

I have read on many threads too that port side gives you the best views of Manhattan. If you go back to my Anthem blog, hubby took a panoramic of the view from our port side, mid-ship, balcony right before sailaway. 

49 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

It does.  Just be aware that Manhattan and the Statute of Liberty will be in the distance, not up close.  Starboard will have no views in that direction based on a normal sail away.

If the Port Authority authorizes a harbor tour at sail away, port side will have awesome view of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.  

I actually see Lady Liberty from the windows of my employer's Jersey City office when I have to go there once a month for meetings. Haven't actually been there in person since I was a kid, although I did a day-sail on one of those inexpensive boat charters you can get from NJ to NYC and back pretty recently where I got a much closer view. But she's such a common sight to me now that being able to get a close-up shot of her (or really any part of the Manhattan skyline) isn't "magical" any longer, I just have the pride of knowing she's in my proverbial backyard. Price of living close to one of your country's major landmarks, I guess. ?

On 5/31/2018 at 3:08 PM, tiny260 said:

Cruise Time Table says she is supposed to be in there on June 2nd, you can watch and see how she pulls in

She's there, tied up starboard side! Thanks for this neat link!:27_sunglasses: