Cococay Bungalows

Lovetocruise2002

Was thinking about renting a bungalow for our visit to Cococay. When I logged into my cruise planner it shows the cost is per person. I had always assumed by the many posts and blogs that it was per bungalow?? Am I not looking at this right? This is what happens when I select 4 guests, 2 adults and 2 children...

IMG_1108.thumb.PNG.76bd4de6fad89500b31032441b6aa99d.PNGIMG_1109.thumb.PNG.b58eb29dabfa490d0d76b0f52aa748f3.PNG

Now mind you the price is in Canadian but that it crazy right?? And do you get a lunch and water with these bungalows? Or do you still walk yourself over to the lunch buffet?

Ok we are going to Cococay last week of October 17   There will be 6 in our party all adults 2 seniors.  Should we rent a cabana or a beach bungalow?  Is the cabana large enough to hold 6, it does have more aminities.   I know the beach bungalow has 2 couches and 2 loungers for outside the bungalow but fewer aminities.???

18 minutes ago, Rita Henry said:

Ok we are going to Cococay last week of October 17   There will be 6 in our party all adults 2 seniors.  Should we rent a cabana or a beach bungalow?  Is the cabana large enough to hold 6, it does have more aminities.   I know the beach bungalow has 2 couches and 2 loungers for outside the bungalow but fewer aminities.???

Cabanas and bungalows both can accommodate 6 people (just double-checked that!), but the cabanas have the advantage of three dedicated walls instead of just one at the back, and they're big enough that they can house all six people inside. The bungalows, based on the description in that link, really only hold four people inside and then the other two need to "make do" with the outside loungers (possibly an issue if everyone wants to take advantage of shade).

If you want to spend a lot of time in the water, and at least two people in your group are OK with being in the sun (maybe partly shaded if the bungalow's curtains are drawn), I'd say get the bungalow and save some money, since that link also notes they're much closer to the water. If you want a space that everyone could sit inside at once to enjoy lunch or take a break from the sun and water, and you also don't mind a longer walk back to the water, then go for the cabana.

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Cabanas and bungalows both can accommodate 6 people (just double-checked that!), but the cabanas have the advantage of three dedicated walls instead of just one at the back, and they're big enough that they can house all six people inside. The bungalows, based on the description in that link, really only hold four people inside and then the other two need to "make do" with the outside loungers (possibly an issue if everyone wants to take advantage of shade).

If you want to spend a lot of time in the water, and at least two people in your group are OK with being in the sun (maybe partly shaded if the bungalow's curtains are drawn), I'd say get the bungalow and save some money, since that link also notes they're much closer to the water. If you want a space that everyone could sit inside at once to enjoy lunch or take a break from the sun and water, and you also don't mind a longer walk back to the water, then go for the cabana.

I agree...if anything I will likely get the bungalow and not cabana simply because it is closer to the water. Thanks for all the tips about the confusion around booking it. The only thing holding me back at this point is what if it rains? Then it seems like a waste of money....

4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Nice research !

27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:
4 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Nice research !

Yup, @Matt did a great job researching that for us all! Saved me the trouble of actually booking a cruise that went to Coco Cay, taking the measurements, doing the table comparing features,...

Seriously, though, this is probably the best part of the site. The sheer wealth of actual research and reporting back to us that @Matt and others like @monorailmedic and @mpoole3 (not to mention @bcarney, @WAAAYTOOO, @RestingBirds, @KLAconQueso of course, @Sailor_to_Cruiser, and all the other veterans who chime in regularly) do for all of us. So when someone new comes along and has a question like this, chances are pretty good that someone on the site is probably going to remember reading about just that thing, be able to look it up and double-check everything, and give back the right information to help the person asking that question.

And with that, I submit what is officially my 500th post since joining this site 10 months ago. ?

10 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, @Matt did a great job researching that for us all! Saved me the trouble of actually booking a cruise that went to Coco Cay, taking the measurements, doing the table comparing features,...

To your point, when someone asks me a question about RC in real life, I often respond, "I don't know, but I wrote it on the blog so I wouldn't have to remember!" :6_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

There was a recent post on the blog that some of the Cabanas have been moved to the beach back in August:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/08/21/spotted-waterfront-cabanas-cococay

Looks like they're correcting their mistake and putting the Cabanas where they ought to have been from the start.  Not sure if they've moved them all by now or they're keeping some in each location.