Online check in on the app a total mess

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for an Alaskan cruise.  The Port of Vancouver BC is the only port in the world that the online check in must be completed on the Royal Caribbean App, which is sizing up to be totally useless.  The check in process starts just fine until you get to the add a card for onboard charges.  I enter the information and when I click the button for add card it will not add the card, which is ironic because this whole process is about RC squeezing every dollar out of us they can, or allow me to move forward with the process.  I've called Royal Caribbean and they've "created a ticket".  First it was 3-5 days to wait, until I spoke with a supervisor, who assured me she would expedite the ticket and she would call me back in 24 hours.  I have yet to receive such call and when I call back I'm told they cannot contact the supervisor.  I ask to speak with someone in management and I'm told the best that particular person can do is give me another supervisor who is just going to give me the same line I've been getting.  I did get another number to call for their department that handles feedback after the cruise, but that was a complete dead end as well.  Everyone I spoke with at Royal Caribbean was polite and as helpful as I think they could be especially since dealing with someone like me in situations like this can be challenging.  We've spent a lot of money on this cruise and I expect better from a company that expects me to fork over that much money.  If you're going to force me to use the app to check in and forbid me to use the web site YOU NEED TO HAVE THE APP WORKING PROPERLY!  It further irritates me that every single person I spoke with at Royal Caribbean had no idea that I couldn't use the web site to check in for a cruise sailing out of Vancouver BC.  I actually had to argue with one of them a little bit to convince them.  And, yes, I know I have 45 days to check in, but the reason I wanted to check in so early is because I wanted a specific time.  So hurry up and wait.  This may sound petty to some, but when I pay this kind of money for something I expect better service.  

That's why I don't like to use the app for the check in process.  I'd like a tutorial on how to check in using the app., for someone with 'big fingers'. (i easily hit the wrong letter.) The website /computer screen is also a bit bigger so I can see what I've typed., even there I sometimes miss a question.🤨 

4 hours ago, Humding said:

This may sound petty to some, but when I pay this kind of money for something I expect better service.  

Many of us, I'm sure, totally relate to your frustration.  It's maddening.  I'm hoping this is fixed very, very soon and that you can select the time you are wanting.

I agree with AshleyDillo.  I go to the app to make sure I get the desired arrival time and then later I return to input whatever else is needed.

Once this is all sorted out you'll be able to let it go a bit.  Meanwhile, I kind of know how you feel.  Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Alaska!

6 minutes ago, RestingBird said:

I can't log in at all, it's not accepting my email and password...neither have been changed by me.  My wife is having the same problem... different account from mine, same problem.

Change your password like many others have done.

15 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is why I like the app. You can select your arrival time first and come back later and fill out the rest of check-in.

This ^^^.  No need to add the credit card to choose your arrival time in the app.  Just jump to that part of the check in, choose your time and come back to fix the credit card issue later.  Hope you get a resolution soon!

13 hours ago, RestingBird said:

I can't log in at all, it's not accepting my email and password...neither have been changed by me.  My wife is having the same problem... different account from mine, same problem.

Click to n “forgot password and create a new password.  This issue has been occurring to most people and it’s the only way to resolve it