B2B lunch

I'm finally doing my first B2B next month and curious how the lunch works.  From my understanding there is a dedicated B2B cruiser lunch in the main dining room.  Do you go straight to the dining room after being led back on the ship or do you just meet there at a certain time?  (Or did I hallucinate everything and I'll be stuck with the hoards at the Windjammer?)

11 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

I'm finally doing my first B2B next month and curious how the lunch works.  From my understanding there is a dedicated B2B cruiser lunch in the main dining room.  Do you go straight to the dining room after being led back on the ship or do you just meet there at a certain time?  (Or did I hallucinate everything and I'll be stuck with the hoards at the Windjammer?)

So far, every B2B that we’ve been on has had a consecutive cruiser lunch.  In the distant past I think there were occasions when they did not have the luncheons, presumably due to there being too few B2B’ers, but I think with the onset of the Key program, they have simply combined the B2B’ers with the Key folks if the B2B numbers were low.  I have been to one such combined event recently.  Frankly, you would not even know the difference as the menus and seating/arrangements are very similar.

So I would definitely expect a consecutive cruiser luncheon of some kind.  They will give you a paper with B2B information as to when/where to meet for the consecutive cruiser parade and then also info on when and where to go for your lunch.  It’s a great perk, IMO since embarkation day lunch is such a PITA without some kind of organized event.

19 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

If there is a consecutive cruiser lunch it will be at 11:30. I have been reading, and told, various stories of the lunch not happening. I think there has to be a threshold of consecutive guest. I have also read and been told that on some sailings consecutive guest can enjoy the Key lunch. I have a B2B2B next month and I am hoping the lunch will be available. 

Interesting, in the past B2Bs we have been on there was no offer for a B2B group lunch in the MDR. We always book lunch in Chops after we get back on board as a "new cruiser". The price is right, no big crowds and the food is great. I agree with what barjoe said above about "it may depend on the number of B2Bers there are". 😎