Third Icon Ship

Was reading an interview about the third ship and chat about the icon class going to Europe. I wonder if the third one will be deployed in Europe first considering RC are opening a new cruise terminal in Barcelona for 2026. 

Anything is possible at this point.

It is almost certain Royal will deploy all new ship builds where they they will maximize revenue.  I think Royal tends not to put very much weight on factors such as which market is being served by a new ship for emotional considerations and guest sentiment.  When they consider all things it will come down to how much money they project a ship will earn.  If deployment choice A means more certainty of assured revenue over deployment choice B then it will be deployment choice A.

Things like "a new ship hasn't been deployed in XYZ market in years" mean very little to Royal while guests in market XYZ let emotions influence where they think the ship should go.  Royal cares about money first as they should.  The board and investors who approved the ship want their investment maximized.  

If it is Barcelona then it is Barcelona because they feel it was the best choice to assure maximum revenue.  

Didn't Harmony start in UK and Symphony start in the Mediterranean? To @twangster's point it probably just comes down to whether they think that the ship is ready enough to launch from Europe or whether the transatlantic time can be better used to finish shake-down of systems.  Icon obviously spent awhile getting up to speed but Star will probably be faster and Icon 3 could potentially launch from Europe (and then the transatlantic can be revenue-generating).  

Though if memory serves Harmony was not really done and there was a lot of construction ongoing.

I think @twangster's most important point was that you need to make sure that the ship you are booking will meet your needs BEFORE you get onboard.  Thank GOODness Royal provides lost of options for lots of different situations.  If you are looking for lots of activities involving water apparatuses (yes, I checked....the plural of apparatus is not apparati), then Q class is not what you're looking for.  If you insist on a covered pool for cooler weather, don't book Odyssey.