Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades Parking, Hotel, and Port questions

I have searched through the message boards for some of my questions and read the blog article on best hotels to stay at in Ft. Lauderdale before your cruise and could not find answers to my questions. Just for clarity, we will be traveling in a group of 13 people with 4 vehicles. Thank you for taking time to respond. 

1.) If you are just coming in the day before your cruise and just want the closest hotel to port because you are driving and parking your cars at the port lot the morning of the cruise, are 17th street hotels the best for that reason or do you recommend something else?

2.) Are all hotels outside the security gates where they check your passport ID before coming into port area? If so can someone show me on a map picture or name the street location where you enter and they check your ID's at the gate? or show me the exact driving directions once ID is checked and direction to go to get in line with our vehicles. 

3.) This one kind of goes with #3.  No matter what our hotel location is, What is the best roads to take to get to our cruise terminal location to get in line easier, we will be leaving on the Oasis in April of 2025. Reason I ask is because we have only left from Port Canaveral in the past and this last time we entered the terminal at a different access point which we thought was better than the time before. Wondering if Port Everglades has different access points?

4.) Since we will be parking in the lot and leaving all 4 vehicles while we are on the cruise, is it easier to park first to make sure you get a spot in the lot and then just wheel luggage to drop off point or do you have to drive through drop off luggage point first before you can go park? 

5.) We have always had early check in times and noticed at Port Canaveral it is always super crazy with people trying to leave port while people are trying to arrive and drop off luggage. Our last time we dropped off luggage and my husband had to drive around the building to get in line again because they were not letting anyone up the parking garage at 10 when we were there.  Everyone is saying that Port Everglades doesn't really adhere to check in times, so I am wondering how early to get there with our crowd. Some say that if you are there too early you can't park in the normal lot because they are waiting for some people to get off the ship to leave that lot and they will sometimes put you in a lot further away. Is that the case? What is recommended?

6.) How much is daily parking at the lot, currently? What is the process, pay at the beginning or end? Cash or Card?

7.) Lastly, I was browsing hotel options yesterday and noticed when I typed in the dates we needed a few were saying sold out for those dates and other hotels were not letting me look at those dates at all. Is this because the time I need is just a little over a year away and they can't book that far out or are the rooms truly sold out for some of those hotels?

If you are driving and staying the night before and parking at the port, I would look at alternatives not on 17th unless the hotel you are booking on 17th has free parking for the night of your hotel stay. I would stay over by Dania Beach off of I-95 instead. It's 10 minutes to the port without traffic but most of the hotels in the area should have your parking included. 

Parking is pay on the way out and with a card. They have machines to pay at before you walk back to your car. Look for them as you leave the parking lot to get on the ship so you know where they are for when you return. And take your parking ticket with you to avoid running back to the car.

The closest lot to the terminal for Oasis will make you pull through the luggage drop-off before parking. It's up to you if you want to drop off as it's a surface lot so there aren't elevators to deal with like at Port Canaveral. If that closest lot fills up they will send you to the adjacent surface lot which is just a little bit of a further walk. Finally the overflow is a parking garage over by the other terminals. If you arrive early enough though you should have no issues snagging the surface lots.

As far as port entrances, it really doesn't make a difference which you use. I just use my GPS and it sends me whichever way is the quickest depending on traffic. None of the hotels are within the ID zone.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I would stay over by Dania Beach off of I-95 instead.

@Magoody We don't drive, but we stay at the AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport, it's a nice hotel and has lots of dining/shopping options in walking distance.  IT has a free airport shuttle if needed as well. 

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fllac-ac-hotel-fort-lauderdale-airport/overview/

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Magoody said:

I have searched through the message boards for some of my questions and read the blog article on best hotels to stay at in Ft. Lauderdale before your cruise and could not find answers to my questions. Just for clarity, we will be traveling in a group of 13 people with 4 vehicles. Thank you for taking time to respond. 

1.) If you are just coming in the day before your cruise and just want the closest hotel to port because you are driving and parking your cars at the port lot the morning of the cruise, are 17th street hotels the best for that reason or do you recommend something else?

2.) Are all hotels outside the security gates where they check your passport ID before coming into port area? If so can someone show me on a map picture or name the street location where you enter and they check your ID's at the gate? or show me the exact driving directions once ID is checked and direction to go to get in line with our vehicles. 

3.) This one kind of goes with #3.  No matter what our hotel location is, What is the best roads to take to get to our cruise terminal location to get in line easier, we will be leaving on the Oasis in April of 2025. Reason I ask is because we have only left from Port Canaveral in the past and this last time we entered the terminal at a different access point which we thought was better than the time before. Wondering if Port Everglades has different access points?

4.) Since we will be parking in the lot and leaving all 4 vehicles while we are on the cruise, is it easier to park first to make sure you get a spot in the lot and then just wheel luggage to drop off point or do you have to drive through drop off luggage point first before you can go park? 

5.) We have always had early check in times and noticed at Port Canaveral it is always super crazy with people trying to leave port while people are trying to arrive and drop off luggage. Our last time we dropped off luggage and my husband had to drive around the building to get in line again because they were not letting anyone up the parking garage at 10 when we were there.  Everyone is saying that Port Everglades doesn't really adhere to check in times, so I am wondering how early to get there with our crowd. Some say that if you are there too early you can't park in the normal lot because they are waiting for some people to get off the ship to leave that lot and they will sometimes put you in a lot further away. Is that the case? What is recommended?

6.) How much is daily parking at the lot, currently? What is the process, pay at the beginning or end? Cash or Card?

7.) Lastly, I was browsing hotel options yesterday and noticed when I typed in the dates we needed a few were saying sold out for those dates and other hotels were not letting me look at those dates at all. Is this because the time I need is just a little over a year away and they can't book that far out or are the rooms truly sold out for some of those hotels?

1. Dania Pointe

2. Yes, it’s a port and restricted area. Enter port Everglades cruise terminal in GPS and it will take you to one of two equally convenient port entry’s.

3. You are overthinking this. It’s very simple (even easier than port Canaveral IMHO). There are two entry points. One to the West off of US1 and one off 17th street.

4. Follow the loop, drop luggage and park. 

5. Abide by your designated check in time (or don’t).

6. I don’t recall the exact cost but it’s reasonable and certainly the best option since you are parked so close to the terminal. Pay on way out from my recollection. 

7. #springbreak2025 left overs spill into April. Everything is sold out here in March/April and/or overpriced. Good luck. 

I'm also going on Oasis in April 2025. We will be driving about 12hrs to get there. The price for parking at the port is about $22. You can look up the port website for more information. However, there are a few trusted places down the road from the port that are WAY cheaper and have shuttles. I advise doing some homework if this sounds good to you. If you are staying at a hotel, some will let you park there and leave your cars for the duration of your cruise and even have shuttles to the port. I'm not sure which ones, so you would have to make sure to ask. 

8 hours ago, Matt said:

We stayed there in January based on your recommendation.  It was a great choice.  The Dania Pointe shopping area was a great way to spend an afternoon and evening and all accessible just by walking out the door.

If we end up back in Ft Lauderdale again, we won’t hesitate to stay there.

23 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I'm also going on Oasis in April 2025. We will be driving about 12hrs to get there. The price for parking at the port is about $22. You can look up the port website for more information. However, there are a few trusted places down the road from the port that are WAY cheaper and have shuttles. I advise doing some homework if this sounds good to you. If you are staying at a hotel, some will let you park there and leave your cars for the duration of your cruise and even have shuttles to the port. I'm not sure which ones, so you would have to make sure to ask. 

But then you need to rely on a shuttle to/from port. $22/day is a bargain for this:

IMG_0259.jpeg

On 3/25/2024 at 2:15 PM, Reigert2008 said:

@Magoody We don't drive, but we stay at the AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport, it's a nice hotel and has lots of dining/shopping options in walking distance.  IT has a free airport shuttle if needed as well. 

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fllac-ac-hotel-fort-lauderdale-airport/overview/

Good luck!

We just stayed here in February! Great hotel, great shopping and dining right across the street!

Thank you all for your help! I have some things to research now, based on your recommendations. I do think our group has decided to try and park at the Royal Caribbean port instead of messing with shuttles for our large group.  I did reach out to several hotels in the area by phone and online yesterday and they would not let me book yet because they said my date was too far out (more than a year) and their system would not allow it yet. 🤔 I was told to try again in a few weeks.