Anyone on here, familiar with Florida, know of any good places to stay/visit between Port Canaveral and Jacksonville after our family gets off our cruise???

We will be staying 2 nights in a hotel after we get off our cruise and will need to get a couple rooms booked asap, at a reasonable price, for our group of 8. The rooms do not necessarily have to be the cheapest because as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for!")  We have to go to something in Jacksonville after our second night, but someone suggested we might want to try and stay in St. Augustine and tour nearby instead of Jacksonville. We are open to staying anywhere between Port Canaveral and Jacksonville, if someone has other suggestions. Any information would be greatly appreciate, thank you. 

Kennedy Space Center is worth a visit, especially if you have an entire day. You could stay in Titusville after or do the drive to the St. Augustine area that night and explore St. Augustine the next day. 

If you venture a little off the I-95 corridor over to Deland/Deltona/DeBary you could visit Blue Springs State Park. If your visit is during November through March, it is prime manatee season there. There are a lot of affordable hotels in that area because you are outside the touristy Daytona Beach and Orlando areas.

It really depends on how you are getting around and what your group is interested in seeing or doing.

depends what you are looking for. My son lives in Daytona, decent beaches and restaurants. Hotel options would be Daytona Autograph (across from speedway) and Hard Rock Daytona on the beach. if you're in to Nascar there is a lot to see. St Augustine is fun for a day, can't recommend a hotel there but nice place to walk around for a day. Orlando really isn't that far out of the way if you wanted more to do. 

16 hours ago, Greg R said:

St Augustine is a great place to visit.

We used to live nearby and here were my favorites places to take visitors when they came to Fla:

1. Castillo de San Marcos National Monument 

2. Anastasia State Park - my favorite beach on the east cost of Fla

3. Old Town - lots to see there

Restaurants:

1. O'Steen's restaurant (a local favorite since 1965)

2. Columbia restaurant in the historic district.