Back to back cruises info

Now that the 2025 NJ cruise schedule has been released I am honing in on [maybe minutes away from booking] a back to back cruise, 2 shorts together to make a long cruise. Liberty OTS out of NJ 4 days to Halifax Canada and then 5 days to Bermuda. We will be booking the same cabin as that is easiest and suggested. Any info, suggestions, tips, insight would be awesome. Kinda excited at the idea and I LOVE the idea of going North to Canada and then south to Bermuda. An interesting combo. Thanks for any info.

Do let them know you are B2B and take what you will need and can't live without on embarkation day. In some cases, they will let you back in the room and some cases they will not. I stayed in the same room, but my cabin steward changed, and he didn't know I was B2B, so my room was the last serviced and he wouldn't let me back in to get anything from my room. They should have a lunch for consecutive cruisers and while it isn't anything fancy it will be a quieter experience on embarkation day. Internet will cut off around 10am or when they let the first new pax back on, so be prepared for that if you purchase Voom. If you have specialty dining, you will have first dibs. 

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I actually looked at that as a potential B2B.  Liberty is quite expensive for it being an "old" ship.

Um yeah I guess that is true. Depends on what sailing, time of years and all that. Bermuda seems to be very expensive no matter when and its only 5 days. I like that NCL does 7 night Bermuda cruises but am not of a fan of NCL so here I am looking at Royal 5 say Bermuda cruises. 🤣

11 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Do let them know you are B2B and take what you will need and can't live without on embarkation day. In some cases, they will let you back in the room and some cases they will not. I stayed in the same room, but my cabin steward changed, and he didn't know I was B2B, so my room was the last serviced and he wouldn't let me back in to get anything from my room. They should have a lunch for consecutive cruisers and while it isn't anything fancy it will be a quieter experience on embarkation day. Internet will cut off around 10am or when they let the first new pax back on, so be prepared for that if you purchase Voom. If you have specialty dining, you will have first dibs. 

Excellent info, I did not know about the lunch between cruises. I will definitely let them know we are on back to back cruises. 

There were about a dozen of us doing B2B on Quantum last September and they just invited us to the Key lunch instead of having a separate lunch (as I’ve seen on some of my cruises). On the cruise I got off last week, I heard several people saying they weren’t offered anything on their B2B turnaround day - so I guess it varies?

19 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I actually looked at that as a potential B2B.  Liberty is quite expensive for it being an "old" ship.

Upon further review I have to agree now. Liberty cruises at least out of NJ are expensive. I did find a few decent deals but they were not months or times we wanted to cruise. Bermuda cruises are quite expensive and Liberty is the only ship from NJ doing them. 

Honestly I look at now as cruises are costing quite a bit more than they used to. Kinda resigned to that now which doesn't make me happy. We have to start cruising in summer going forward as our son is starting middle school. Can't yank him out like we used to. 

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, all booked up on back to back cruises. Late May 2025, 4 day and 5 day. 4 day goes to Halifax and then the 5 goes to Bermuda. A bit expensive but what are you gonna do. It is what it is and you can't take it with you as they say. 

Spent the evening on a conference call about my mother in laws hospice care talking weeks vs months to live.

Life is about the journey and making memories. Go enjoy it as much as you can. It's over in the blink of an eye.

Have a wonderful time!

On 2/15/2024 at 5:14 AM, Ampurp85 said:

I typed "should be a lunch" because it is my understanding that if they do not have enough consecutive cruisers, they might not do the lunch. I don't know what the criteria is only that some people have reported no lunch. 

We did B2B last year Barcelona - Rome - Athens and were not offered a special lunch. 
booked to do B2B2B this year with Alaska - Sydney but changing cabins for each section (booked too late to get the same cabin all through)

6 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Spent the evening on a conference call about my mother in laws hospice care talking weeks vs months to live.

Life is about the journey and making memories. Go enjoy it as much as you can. It's over in the blink of an eye.

Have a wonderful time!

As the Bruce Springsteen lyric says "in the wink of a young girls eye". 

Yeah this was expensive or is expensive but whatever. Give enjoyable fun experience. 

On 2/14/2024 at 8:14 PM, smokeybandit said:

Domestically we find the NJ + Bermuda combo to be a killer on the Port fees and taxes, I've never seen it so high on any other combo, although Boston + Bermuda ( althought that on another line) is a very close second.  I believe the NJ+BDA run would seem expensive no matter the ship.

On 2/14/2024 at 7:42 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Now that the 2025 NJ cruise schedule has been released I am honing in on [maybe minutes away from booking] a back to back cruise, 2 shorts together to make a long cruise. Liberty OTS out of NJ 4 days to Halifax Canada and then 5 days to Bermuda. We will be booking the same cabin as that is easiest and suggested. Any info, suggestions, tips, insight would be awesome. Kinda excited at the idea and I LOVE the idea of going North to Canada and then south to Bermuda. An interesting combo. Thanks for any info.

We did this combo last year and found it quite enjoyable.  Remeber to pack one bag for warm, and the other for not so warm. Both location USD is widly accepted. pick your excursions carfully because time in port flys by.   

23 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

We did this combo last year and found it quite enjoyable.  Remeber to pack one bag for warm, and the other for not so warm. Both location USD is widly accepted. pick your excursions carfully because time in port flys by.   

Oh wow very cool that you did this very combo cruise. You bring up a great point, what should we expect weather wise/temp in Halifax in late May? I think we'll be there on May 22 so pretty late in the month. Thanks for the tips and info. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow very cool that you did this very combo cruise. You bring up a great point, what should we expect weather wise/temp in Halifax in late May? I think we'll be there on May 22 so pretty late in the month. Thanks for the tips and info. 

You will be lucky if it hits 60 for the hi temp, but if you have no clouds it will seem warmer as long as the winds don't pick up.
Tends to be 50/50 when it comes to rain or not, but its usually just a very light shower,  not typically a down pour.

6 minutes ago, Qeyton Dude said:

You will be lucky if it hits 60 for the hi temp, but if you have no clouds it will seem warmer as long as the winds don't pick up.
Tends to be 50/50 when it comes to rain or not, but its usually just a very light shower,  not typically a down pour.

Well actually that will be warmer than we usually experience as we go on a 9 night Canada/NE cruise in mid to late October. We have been so lucky the last few years in Halifax and New Brunswick Canada. While cool, not freezing, and no rain. This year we did get rain in Boston and Portland. Thanks for the info, appreciate the insight.