Giovanni's Italian Lunch deal 2/9/24

So I had noon lunch reserved for my upcoming Wonder sailing...and today this deal popped up (below). So I cancelled mine and immediately went to rebook and it was unavailable! I am so bummed. I called Royal and they checked to see if any other time or day was available and she said no 😞 Dinner is, but I was shooting for this 40% off deal. So just be careful out there if you are rebooking for the lower price!

image.png.e4730c9450af9716c63f95ca04fe33e9.png

I'm probably  an outlier here, but we book, reserve, pay what we pay, & never look back. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to save some $$$ and we sure as hell aren't loaded, but in our limited  experience and being our own travel agent has worked......for us.

BTW, lunch at Giovanni's on Wonder is a great experience no matter what you pay.😍

12 minutes ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

I'm probably  an outlier here, but we book, reserve, pay what we pay, & never look back. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to save some $$$ and we sure as hell aren't loaded, but in our limited  experience and being our own travel agent has worked......for us.

BTW, lunch at Giovanni's on Wonder is a great experience no matter what you pay.😍

Your method is much less stressful than mine 😄 We really don't buy extras except for internet for longer cruises, and then the DBP. I reprice the DBP whenever I can (usually just once sometimes twice). We did Giovanni's on Odyssey and loved it so I was really looking forward to it, but I messed up by repricing. I should have realized that dining is more limited than a drink package lol. 

34 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I had noon lunch reserved for my upcoming Wonder sailing...and today this deal popped up (below).

I got an alert from the app about the deal and went to check my upcoming Wonder sailings (March, June, July). For some reason, Giovanni's lunch has always been missing (I might have considered it on Black Friday but it wasn't there).

In equally unhelpful news... dinner is only showing as 20% off.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I got an alert from the app about the deal and went to check my upcoming Wonder sailings (March, June, July). For some reason, Giovanni's lunch has always been missing (I might have considered it on Black Friday but it wasn't there).

In equally unhelpful news... dinner is only showing as 20% off.

Yeahh if it was 40% dinner I might bite...but Sorrentos it is! LOL. I haven't been on Wonder before but I feel like the complimentary options will suffice. We are #teamwinnjammer 😉 We like to experience and graze lol.

18 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

Yeahh if it was 40% dinner I might bite...but Sorrentos it is! LOL. I haven't been on Wonder before but I feel like the complimentary options will suffice. We are #teamwinnjammer 😉 We like to experience and graze lol.

They will. We don't do much specialty dining but I will say that Mason Jar brunch is amazing. That's all I have booked right now ($20.99 during Black Friday). We turn D+ after our next cruise and will probably try GK for dinner with a BOGO in June.

I'm a WJ fan myself. The new layout on Wonder is very nice. I didn't spend much time there last June b/c family treated us to a GS so we were in CK and the suite neighborhood a lot since we wouldn't normally have access. I'm not a big MDR fan so I'm looking forward to checking out dinner in the WJ (even if it's after the MDR). I eat so much throughout the day that I don't need my dinner to be amazing. There's always something, somewhere... and then there's Sorrento's after that... which has actually been much better than in the past on my last 2 cruises and others have agreed on several different ships. The pizza seems to be much crispier and less of a soggy mess.

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They will. We don't do much specialty dining but I will say that Mason Jar brunch is amazing. That's all I have booked right now ($20.99 during Black Friday). We turn D+ after our next cruise and will probably try GK for dinner with a BOGO in June.

I'm a WJ fan myself. The new layout on Wonder is very nice. I didn't spend much time there last June b/c family treated us to a GS so we were in CK and the suite neighborhood a lot since we wouldn't normally have access. I'm not a big MDR fan so I'm looking forward to checking out dinner in the WJ (even if it's after the MDR). I eat so much throughout the day that I don't need my dinner to be amazing. There's always something, somewhere... and then there's Sorrento's after that... which has actually been much better than in the past on my last 2 cruises and others have agreed on several different ships. The pizza seems to be much crispier and less of a soggy mess.

I've seen your blog comments before re. food, I think we are on the same wave length 😄  We always have late night Sorrentos, it hits so good every time. We just hit Platinum so we have awhile before D+ but it sounds like there's great benefits to look forward to. We have 4 future cruises booked and #4 will put us at Emerald...we're trying haha. All that to say, we do enjoy the food the ships, I know we will check out Mason Jar bar for some of those cocktails in there, but I might see if a deal comes along for Brunch...meanwhile i keep refreshing my page to see if someone gives up a lunch so I can swipe it lol.

image.png.6919c3444e37507c5c08d86d77e44054.png

1 hour ago, CruzOnBye said:

We always have late night Sorrentos, it hits so good every time. We just hit Platinum so we have awhile before D+ but it sounds like there's great benefits to look forward to. We have 4 future cruises booked and #4 will put us at Emerald...we're trying haha. All that to say, we do enjoy the food the ships, I know we will check out Mason Jar bar for some of those cocktails in there, but I might see if a deal comes along for Brunch

There have been cruises where I've had Sorrento's almost every night and others where I haven't had it much at all. If it continues to be crispy I suspect I'll be grabbing a plate on our way back to the cabin most nights. We don't really ever stay up super late and sometimes my wife is ready to crash on the early side (hard to flip a switch and get off her teacher schedule) so our last 2 stops are often Sorrento's and whatever bar to use up remaining vouchers on Truly or beer.

You'll get there. Diamond is obviously the big jump. I was fortunate enough to marry into a chunk of points (my wife cruised as a kid) and again fortunate that we were treated to a GS twice over the past couple years and one was booked during the Covid promo so we got 28 for that week. We'd be nowhere near D+ without the 42 pts from those 2 cruises. That would normally take 6 cruises for us and until recently we only cruised once or twice a year.

More drinks from the MJ Bar is on my list. I always get to the end of a cruise and think "why didn't I get more of XYZ?" That was definitely one of them on Wonder. I had the blackberry moonshine lemonade with brunch on day 3, posted about how good it was and a nice drink to have earlier in the day... then never got another. Kept meaning to get another adult dessert drink at night like the root beer float and didn't do that either. If you like whiskey there are tons to try. I had one with a bunch of other stuff in it but I couldn't get past the whiskey (just not my thing).

As for a brunch deal, hope you find one! I'm sure there's a national brunch day. I was obviously thrilled that lunch/brunch was one of the better Black Friday deals. When we sailed Wonder in June, the full price for MJ brunch was actually $24.99... so it was only $21.99 pre-cruise with just the normal 10% off. Then RC gave it a giant price hike!

4 hours ago, CruzOnBye said:

Your method is much less stressful than mine 😄 

Precisely! That's not to say we don't spend much time planning. We've only done 4 cruises total, all on Royal. In that time though, I've never seen insane bargains on the CP after we've booked what we wanted (mostly dining, and the (must have) beach bed at Coco Cay.  But back to Giovanni's on Wonder. If you haven't been on Wonder and the weather is nice, lunch in the outdoor dining area was our second favorite dining experience of the cruise, topped only by 150 Central Park for dinner.

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

As for a brunch deal, hope you find one! I'm sure there's a national brunch day. I was obviously thrilled that lunch/brunch was one of the better Black Friday deals. When we sailed Wonder in June, the full price for MJ brunch was actually $24.99... so it was only $21.99 pre-cruise with just the normal 10% off. Then RC gave it a giant price hike!

May 11th is National Brunch for Lunch Day, celebrated on the day before Mother's Day every year. 😊

2 minutes ago, ScottD said:

@Last Lion @barjpoe you two might be looking at different places....Giovannis TABLE has filet and the such on the lunch menu, no pizzas.  Giovannis KITCHEN would have the pizza and other items,and not the filet. 

I was just coming to post that same thing!! DH loves the filet there, so we grabbed that deal originally on Black Friday for our March cruise

3 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

I was just coming to post that same thing!! DH loves the filet there, so we grabbed that deal originally on Black Friday for our March cruise

We have GT reserved for lunch on Liberty in July, we actually have never done any of the real specialty places (I don't count Johnny rockets or Playmakers as specialty spots,lol) so we are looking forward to it. I might actually grab lunch on day 1 for Chops, as well if another deal for them pops up! 

7 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

me too! but not til I had already cancelled and re-ordered it🙃

This is why I always put it in my cart and go all the way to almost paying for it to see the final price, THEN decide what I'm going to do. I've done what you've done a few times too! Tricky tricky, that Royal... 😉