Entertainment reservations Icon

Show reservations don't have a set opening time for any ship that offers them.

It's usually early in the month prior to your cruise month so it should be any day now for March cruises but it can vary.

I'm waiting for them to open for my March 17th Wonder cruise myself.

3 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Mine opened today @OCSC Mike

I thought it might because the app entertainment page started showing the "snag" message yesterday and the planner on the website was slow and blinking. 

Thanks for the info. Still waiting on mine.

@jbrinkm Mine opened this morning. I figured it would be this week, especially after you posted so thanks again.

I'm way too OCD about booking shows, especially since we've seen them all on Wonder already. Also, Wonder dropped a stage show (that we didn't like anyway) and now has a headliner but you can't reserve that in advance. So I had to play detective and logic out which nights the main theater was empty and conclude those are the headliner nights. 🕵️‍♂️ Knowing my luck, it will a type of show we have no interest in but that's OK. Back to focusing on the real reason I cruise... food. 😋

Great @OCSC Mike!! I was doing the same thing - I tried to figure it out ahead of time but the actual show times were nothing like what I anticipated. I'm on Symphony for an 8 night. Symphony right now is alternating the 6 night and the 8 night. All of the other 8 nights recently have Aruba first and Labadee last, but mine has Labadee first and Curacao last. However, it seems that they left the show schedule the same as the reverse order itinerary, not the show schedule from the last time they did my itinerary order. So I had picked out my show times by looking at older compasses but they just went with the same order they had been using and I was scrambling to figure it out. It seems like they do most of those random headliners towards the end of the sailing so I tried to frontload my shows during the first few days.

21 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I tried to figure it out ahead of time

Sounds like you had extra variables and did the scramble I was doing for our 1st Wonder cruise last June when I was booking everything for our extended family of 8 but trying not to book anything super late b/c my young nieces were with us.

Now that we've seen the shows already and only really feel the need to see one again (though I booked others b/c why not), it's just me and my wife, and we keep doing 2 nearly identical itineraries over and over b/c it's convenient and we're boring, I wasn't actually too concerned, I just can't help but puzzle things together.

Wonder never had a headliner until last month when the one stage show ended so that was the only wrinkle. I just looked at this week's sailing in the app (our exact itinerary) and the headliner only performed one night so I may have freed up a night for no reason but it really doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to not trying to see 6 shows in 7 nights plus do the escape room... I don't mind being on a schedule but it will be nice to just find something random to do 3-4 of the nights and be a lot more flexible in general.

I just noticed today that entertainment was available to book for our 2/24 sailing on Icon. Since we started sailing with Royal (Feb 22) this hasn’t been a pre-boarding day thing & even then reservations didn’t really mean anything since nobody ever checked. This may be important because every time I try to book something it says “Not enough room for your party”. Is every show on Icon really expected to be fully reserved pre-cruise? Seems wild that the Wizard of Oz would be fully booked for nearly every showing. Isn’t the main theater 2,000+ capacity?!

11 hours ago, druppert said:

I just noticed today that entertainment was available to book for our 2/24 sailing on Icon. Since we started sailing with Royal (Feb 22) this hasn’t been a pre-boarding day thing & even then reservations didn’t really mean anything since nobody ever checked. This may be important because every time I try to book something it says “Not enough room for your party”. Is every show on Icon really expected to be fully reserved pre-cruise? Seems wild that the Wizard of Oz would be fully booked for nearly every showing. Isn’t the main theater 2,000+ capacity?!

I don't understand what you mean. On Oasis, Quantum and now Icon class ships they require reservations for shows and they always check by scanning your seapass until open seating starts around 15min before the doors open. Since your sailing is in less than 2wks I imagine all of the available reservations are taken and you will have to reserve when you get on board or stand in the standby line. 

@Ampurp85 interesting. When we were on Harmony in Feb ‘22 we only ever scanned our cards in Windjammer. Maybe it was because they were on reduced capacity during the covid restart? Good to know about the standby/open seating process. I was able to get reservations to MOST of the shows but the times are not ideal for our family since we’re traveling with 2 under 3. Oh well lessons learned.

@jbrinkm 4, 2 children. That’s what I thought but I was unable to reserve many of the shows with even 1 person. It’s unfortunate that they don’t make reservation release dates more widely available. The only thing my 2 year old specifically asked for on this cruise was to see the ice skating show but at 9PM I don’t think he will be able to stay up for it. We will see.

7 hours ago, druppert said:

@Ampurp85 interesting. When we were on Harmony in Feb ‘22 we only ever scanned our cards in Windjammer. Maybe it was because they were on reduced capacity during the covid restart? Good to know about the standby/open seating process. I was able to get reservations to MOST of the shows but the times are not ideal for our family since we’re traveling with 2 under 3. Oh well lessons learned.

@jbrinkm 4, 2 children. That’s what I thought but I was unable to reserve many of the shows with even 1 person. It’s unfortunate that they don’t make reservation release dates more widely available. The only thing my 2 year old specifically asked for on this cruise was to see the ice skating show but at 9PM I don’t think he will be able to stay up for it. We will see.

Yes after I believe March/April of 22 they started doing things the original/new way. So, they scan your seapass for shows but not the WJ. They release so many seats online and then hold back reservations for boarding day. You can always go to the box office on boarding day and hope for better times. I say go to the box office because if you release your current reservations and try to do it yourself, you risk losing them altogether.