FLL Hotel

PastorW

Did some searching. It didn’t see a sneer. Family of 7 cruising out of FLL in November and need a hotel that offers an airport shuttle. A cruise shuttle would be helpful too. An Uber with my kids age isn’t an option and don’t want to rent a car for just one day. Any one know of a hotel that offers shuttles from the airport?

thanks!

1 hour ago, PastorW said:

Did some searching. It didn’t see a sneer. Family of 7 cruising out of FLL in November and need a hotel that offers an airport shuttle. A cruise shuttle would be helpful too. An Uber with my kids age isn’t an option and don’t want to rent a car for just one day. Any one know of a hotel that offers shuttles from the airport?

thanks!

Embassy Suites on 17th Street 

2 hours ago, PastorW said:

thanks!

We like the AC Hotel which is practically across the street for the airport.  They have a free airport shuttle and in an area where you can walk to some shopping and dining.   We’ve stayed there twice already when cruising from Miami and will do it again next year.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fllac-ac-hotel-fort-lauderdale-airport/overview/

its basically in Dana Pointe and it’s a neat area to kill some time in.  If your adventurous, you can walk further to another shopping area.

https://www.daniapointe.com

1 hour ago, PastorW said:

The issue is 2 adults and 5 kids. Ubers and taxis can’t hold that many. 

Order 2 Ubers and put 1 adult in each and your problem is solved. Airport shuttles are annoying and unnecessary in Fort Lauderdale. Everything (including the port) is located within 2 miles of the airport. If you need more detailed assistance I can help. 

We have stayed at the Home2 Suites in Dania Beach twice both times with a crew of 7.  First time in 20 (before the dark times) it was great, listed airport shuttle on their website, called and they picked us up.  Free breakfast and walking distance to kmart for last minute supplies that we did not want to pack (aka diapers) and some restaurants close by.  We booked a van to take us to/from the port, it was about 100 round trip (to the port, port to airport) Uber would have been cheaper but I like the certainty of knowing someone will pick you up at a specific time.  The extra $20 is worth the piece of mind. 

Second time no airport shuttle was listed but I called and they said they had one available.  When our flight go delayed I called to let them know and was informed it only ran until a certain time (I believe 11)  it ended up working out but caused a lot of stress.  The hotel was also in rougher shape, the free breakfast was mediocre and half of the restaurants were gone (as was the kmart).  Booked a van again that worked fine.

14 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

We like the AC Hotel which is practically across the street for the airport.  They have a free airport shuttle and in an area where you can walk to some shopping and dining.   We’ve stayed there twice already when cruising from Miami and will do it again next year.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fllac-ac-hotel-fort-lauderdale-airport/overview/

its basically in Dana Pointe and it’s a neat area to kill some time in.  If your adventurous, you can walk further to another shopping area.

https://www.daniapointe.com

Thanks for this recommendation.  I decided to book this one after reading this.  I have a cruise in 3 weeks and have never stayed in Fort Lauderdale.  I had been looking at hotels for months and couldn't decide which one to choose.

10 hours ago, need2cruz said:

Thanks for this recommendation.  I decided to book this one after reading this.  I have a cruise in 3 weeks and have never stayed in Fort Lauderdale.  I had been looking at hotels for months and couldn't decide which one to choose.

I also have the Marriott AC booked for my cruise at the end of January.  I had the Marriott Renaissance on 17th St booked too but cancelled it this week because the current reviews weren't good.