Surprise Pregnancy after scheduling dream vacation

SirDude

Hello everyone,

I have a situation that I need some help on. My wife and I have booked our dream vacation to Alaska Jun 29- August 5 of 2024. We stacked our schedule full with excursions and packages but we picked these dates because they were the cheapest of the others and seemed like a better deal. This is something we have saved a long time for and is our first “ Big Trip” together. Well fast forward about a week and half after purchasing all tickets and such things, my wife tells me she is pregnant with our first child… 

So basically, my question is, can I move the date closer once it’s been scheduled and purchased? If yes, then do I have to pay extra than the fee I originally payed? We are trying to work around her being in her 3rd trimester and I’ve read they do not allow anyone on the boats who is about to be it is in their 3rd trimester. Need help, slightly panicking.

Congratulations!!!  The rule is actually 23 weeks pregnant.  (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/pregnant-health-safety-onboard-policy). Since you are outside of final payment date, even if you have completely paid for everything, you can make a change, but it will cost at least $200.  Assuming that you booked with a non-refundable deposit (most common), then you can change the cruise to a different time (even different year) by paying a $100 per person change fee.  You will need to cancel all of your excursions and other packages and rebook them for the new date.  You will have to pay the current rates for the new cruise date, excursions, etc.  If you booked with a travel agent, just call them and explain.  If you booked directly with Royal Caribbean, then call 866-562-7625 and they will walk you through the changes.  Good luck, and congratulations on the little "Dude".

8 hours ago, SirDude said:

Hello everyone,

I have a situation that I need some help on. My wife and I have booked our dream vacation to Alaska Jun 29- August 5 of 2024. We stacked our schedule full with excursions and packages but we picked these dates because they were the cheapest of the others and seemed like a better deal. This is something we have saved a long time for and is our first “ Big Trip” together. Well fast forward about a week and half after purchasing all tickets and such things, my wife tells me she is pregnant with our first child… 

So basically, my question is, can I move the date closer once it’s been scheduled and purchased? If yes, then do I have to pay extra than the fee I originally payed? We are trying to work around her being in her 3rd trimester and I’ve read they do not allow anyone on the boats who is about to be it is in their 3rd trimester. Need help, slightly panicking.

Did you purchase travel insurance (which we normally do), and if so, what protection does it offer?  Also, this is a good reason to have a travel agent who can sort through all of the options.

I was truly surprised for one of my wife’s pregnancies. 
I hired a new pool guy.

Other than this scenario, based on sixth grade sex education, abstinence is the only 100% way to not be “Surprised” with a pregnancy*

*excluding Anakin Skywalker and Jesus.