First time cruise with family

coguish

Hi

We are a family of five who are looking to go on our first ever cruise next year. Looking at May, June or July. Really want to find the right cruise as it will be our first big holiday in years. 

Can anyone advise what  cruise or ship would be suited to keeps our kids aged 9, 12 and 13 occupied and happy. What ships have best facilities like  water slides, pools cinema's and things like that. We would preferably like to sail from UK but flying to port isn't out of the question either. Would like to do 10 or 12 days maybe. Any advice would be great please.

Thanks

Quick googling shows Anthem of the Seas will sail from Southampton in 2024 and that would be a great ship. Agree with others that the newer, larger ships would have more to do

We have kids similar ages and did our first RCL cruise this past Feb on Symphony of the Seas and had a great time. We are booked on Icon for this coming February 

Here is one that I wanted to go on, but I could not figure the time off work.  It is on Athem of the Seas and does the Canary Islands.  It has 5 sea days to enjoy the ship.  This ship has enough toys to keep the kids busy.  If you can go in the fall the ship is doing the Suez Canal and that would be educational for the kids.

LEAVING FROM
Southampton, England
Anthem of the Seas
DAY 

1  Southampton, England
2 - 3    Cruising Day at sea
4    Lisbon, Portugal
5    Cruising Day at sea
6    Lanzarote, Canary Islands
7   Gran Canaria, Canary Islands
8   Tenerife, Canary Islands
9    Madeira (Funchal), Portugal
10   Cruising Day at sea
11    La Coruna, Spain
12    Cruising Day at sea
13    Southampton, England

As mented by others, Anthem has trips to Norway and a few trips to France,  Spain, and Portugal, all out of Southampton. I have Norway booked next summer. My kids are 15 and 17 and very excited for the trip! I would suggest starting there if you prefer to sail out of the UK. 

We sailed Odyssey out of Rome late June/ early July, and just missed the terrible heatwave. I would maybe keep the temp front of mind if you end up booking in July. 

The itinerary @Traveling Mike suggested is great and there is a date in June.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/booking/landing?groupId=AN12STH-3622798014&sailDate=2024-06-02&shipCode=AN&packageCode=AN12U379&destinationCode=EUROP&selectedCurrencyCode=GBP&country=GBR&loyaltyNumber=381188655&CAS=true

There is also a 14 night July sailing which may be another option?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruises/itinerary/14-night-mediterranean-cities-from-southampton-on-anthem/AN14STH-1035341331?sail-date=2024-07-19&currency=GBP&country=GBR#step=0

If you want to book direct just go on the Royal site but if you want to go through an agent where there may be some deals to be had, maybe free parking at Southampton etc it is well worth having a look.

I use cruise.co.uk (Tom Harding if I can) and, touch wood, never had any issues before. If you already have a travel agent give them a shout.

Whatever you decide, spend a good amount of time researching the ship and ports - this website is amazing to ask questions/get reviews etc and YouTube is so useful.

Enjoy whatever you decide!