Solo MDR question

DonR

So in February I will be going on my first solo cruise. I was wondering if any one had any experience on how they handle the seating assignments in the MDR. I am on traditional early seating.

Do solo cruisers end up at a small table on their own? Seated with other solo cruisers? Or is it just put them with whatever table happens to have just one chair available in the arrangement? 

Honestly any of the above or something else works fine for me although I would hope they would not pigeon hole a single in as the only stranger with a family unit (that might be awkward) I am more curious if there is a typical way RC handles it. 

@DonR you have some options in regard to dining.  You can get seating alone (normally at a two-top table), or you can ask to be placed at a large table with other people.  On day 1, go to the MDR and talk to them about what you would like in regard to your dining choices. When I dine in the MDR, I like the two-top option because I tend to be a bit overwhelmed by large groups.  More often than not I end up chatting with the diners at the tables around me.  

I always request traditional dining. Once I had my own 2-top right by the railing, very nice. Another time I was seated at a table of single women and did not really enjoy that after the first couple of nights. The 3rd time I had traditional dining booked, but they switched me to My Time Dining without asking. I found that pretty stressful - the lines of people waiting for tables - but was always seated by myself. 

I have another solo sailing next week. I emailed rccl dining and made my request to keep my traditional dining time and be seated at a 2-top. I got both an automatic response and a personal response that my request was being forwarded to the ship, so we will see what happens!

PS - Love sailing solo - have fun!!!

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

When you do traditional dinning, they will not sit you alone. Even if you ask, it is possible based on the load factor to not be sat alone. Most likely you will be sat with other solos at a 6-8 top or with couples and/or the combination of the two. 

They sat me alone on the Anthem in December and that was a full sailing. They didn't ask me but that what I would have requested anyway. I had My Time dining but I reserved the same time each night in advance.

11 hours ago, nferr said:

They sat me alone on the Anthem in December and that was a full sailing. They didn't ask me but that what I would have requested anyway. I had My Time dining but I reserved the same time each night in advance.

The default seating for My Time Dining is a table for just your party (solo in your case).  The default seating for Traditional Dining is grouping smaller parties together (bunch of singles or 3/4 couples together, etc).