Missing a port

Blueline

51 minutes ago, Blueline said:

What’s wrong with Anthem of the Seas that they are missing their first stop in Port Carnival on the first cruise back from Europe. No reason given in the email. For compensation will get an extra hour at Coco Cay, the only stop. I think they could do a little better. 

I keep seeing posts about them missing Nassau...

I just received email about my November 5th sailing that they are skipping the Bahamas and spending more time in Port Canaveral.  I would rather spend more time in PDCC.  It really doesn’t seem like extra time as we dock at 6am, what will be open that early.  The time for Port Canaveral is 6am -430pm and PDCC IS 8am-5pm.   Other days we are cruising.  

1 hour ago, Allen2 said:

When a ship skips a port, there usually is a credit for return of port changes/taxes.  If not given: ask!

Thanks.  I am on the Oct 30th cruise and I was wondering what was going on.  But, I forgot I should be getting port/taxes back.  From here, I will go and see if they gave it back yet.

They had to know that they were going to have to cancel these port stops for months now and kept on selling these cruises while advertising them as if they would make the Nassau or Canaveral ports.  This engine issue goes back to Anthem's last Caribbean season.  That is pretty deceitful on Royal Caribbean's part and people deserve some financial compensation as a result.  I am booked on Anthem on a December 3 departure and now assume it will only be a matter of time until they cancel either Nassau or Canaveral on that cruise.  

received this from RC. 
sounds like they are stepping up and doing the right thing. I think this is fair. They are also being honest about what is wrong, always the best policy. 

Dear Guest,

We clicked ‘Send’ a little too quickly on our last email and missed some very important details.

Compensation

While you still get to enjoy your day onboard Anthem of the Seas, to help make up for the missed port, we will provide you with a one-day (1) cruise fare refund in the form of an Onboard Credit. This will automatically be added to your SeaPass account on boarding day. Any unused portion will be refunded to your credit card associated with your onboard folio. 

For more context, one of the ship’s four engines requires maintenance which impacts our speed. While this impacts our ability to deliver on the original itinerary, we’re confident that it will still be an exceptional cruise vacation. 

In case you missed the original email, the updated version is below for your reference. We’re very sorry about this change to your itinerary. We look forward to seeing you onboard.

---------

To maintain a safe and comfortable speed along our journey, we’ll now have a sea day instead of visiting Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida. To help make up for this change, we’re giving you an extra hour in our beautiful private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay! We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we’re excited to sail away with you! Below, please find our revised Anthem of the Seas October 30th, 2023 spook-tacular itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Mon

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

3:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

6:00 AM

Your Day at Sea

Anthem of the Seas has you covered for adventure and relaxation! Thrill seekers can get in on all the speeding, swerving, spinning action driving bumper at SeaPlex®, the largest indoor activity space ever to set sail. Chill seekers can grab a drink in the North Star Bar and step inside the observation capsule to take in panoramic views of the surrounding sea and shores as you ascend over 300 feet above the waves. Whatever you decide to do, we know you’ll have a memorable sea day!

Compensation

While you still get to enjoy your day onboard Anthem of the Seas, to help make up for the missed port, we will provide you with a one-day (1) cruise fare refund in the form of an Onboard Credit. This will automatically be added to your SeaPass account on boarding day. Any unused portion will be refunded to your credit card associated with your onboard folio. 

Halloween Festivities 🎃

To get into the spirit of things, we’ll be having parades, costume contests, and plenty of spooky parties onboard. Younger adventurers can trick-or-treat on the high seas as ghosts, goblins, and vampires entertain and delight. We hope you enjoy all the treats (and some tricks!) we have planned for you!

Shore Excursions

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Orlando (Port Canaveral) will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner to level up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seasfor a ghoulish-good time!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2014/Masters/email_temp/html/images/spacer.gif
http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2014/Masters/email_temp/html/images/spacer.gif