Is there a clothesline in the bathroom on the Explorer Of The Seas?

Vathy

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

I believe all ships have a clothesline in shower of the bathroom. 

Hmmm, maybe I missed it but we could not find one last week on Harmony. So, at least other folks with balconies in the boardwalk got to see me drawers LOL.

I always thought there was though, and we found it odd when we didn't find one. Pretty sure we used it on the Jewel a few years back. Perhaps we didn't look hard enough.

We didn't have a line on Allure - I was expecting one after our experiences on Freedom class ships, but we only had hooks in the shower. Two years ago, we just made do. Last year, I took a portable clothes line like this:

https://a.co/d/dK4FRYI

I would let things drip dry in the shower/bathroom and then I transferred them to the line using magnetic hooks on the ceiling in the room where they would finish drying. 

7 hours ago, NewfieCruiser said:

Hmmm, maybe I missed it but we could not find one last week on Harmony. So, at least other folks with balconies in the boardwalk got to see me drawers LOL.

There definitely was a clothesline on harmony and symphony OTS when I was there few years back. It was located inside the shower stall BUT it may have been a bit confusing because the line is already extended across the shower stall most of the time.

I did not find any lines stretched across in my shower until i realized there was a round device shaped like a bell attached to the side wall of the shower. There is a little bulb you can pull on and it actually is the clothesline coiled up in the device. Then you just drag it directly across to the other device which acts like a hook.

Good question.  Are clotheslines becoming a thing of the past? 

Years back, they all had 'em.  We haven't seen any for awhile.

Specifically, on Navigator and Symphony recently, there were no clothes lines in our cabin.  Don't know if the entire ship was void of them, or if they had just been removed from our cabin, for whatever reason. 

On 9/1/2023 at 3:39 PM, WAYNO said:

Specifically, on Navigator and Symphony recently, there were no clothes lines in our cabin.  Don't know if the entire ship was void of them, or if they had just been removed from our cabin, for whatever reason. 

I was on Navigator OTS few weeks ago in balcony stateroom, can confirm there is still a clothesline in there. I wonder where we can hang our damp articles of clothing if they start removed the line from the cabins.

If i remembered correctly they strongly discouraged cruisers from leaving it on the balcony to dry. 😭

2023-09-05.png.0fee67d466a14c69cb68f9bebafa8504.png

20230406_091705.thumb.jpg.eee354363d4a2864841c5f3c16cff253.jpg

This is a picture of the line I linked earlier. You can see how we hung it from the ceiling with our magnetic hooks. I feel like on Allure, they replaced the line with some extra wall hooks, both inside and outside of the shower. We also hung things directly from magnetic hooks on the ceiling in the bathroom while they were still dripping and then moved them out once they were no longer dripping but still needed a bit more drying time.

Allure is the only Oasis class I've been on so I just assumed that after Freedom class, they eliminated the lines and just went with hooks. Has anyone seen a line on an Oasis class ship?

20 hours ago, VillainsGin said:

I was on Navigator OTS few weeks ago in balcony stateroom, can confirm there is still a clothesline in there. I wonder where we can hang our damp articles of clothing if they start removed the line from the cabins.

If i remembered correctly they strongly discouraged cruisers from leaving it on the balcony to dry. 😭

We did not have on on Oasis, we used the shower doors, hooks already in the bathroom and a few magnetic ones we brought for drying clothes