Ginger gravol vs wristband

gi333

Absolutely NOT Scopolamine patches which are only available by prescription. Scopolamine interacts (and not favorably) with alcohol and some prescription drugs, particularly hypnotics (sleep inducing medications). Learned the hard way on my second cruise.  Discovered the suggestion of looking at the distant horizon works fine for me if I'm feeling a bit queasy. Strangely, inside the ship or the cabin hasn't been a problem for me.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, NC Grateful Dead Dad said:

I would be interested in knowing what people would recommend for those of us who like a few adult beverages.  I would hate to spend the money on the drink package only to have the sea-sick prevention put me to bed after just 2 drinks.

I don't have a problem with boat drinks and the non-drowsy dramamine. 

I am a huge fan of ginger Gravol. I pack both. If it’s night, I take the regular Gravol. If it’s daytime, I take the ginger one. I take it when I get on a plane too. As someone who is prone to motion sickness, regardless of the mode of transportation, I always have the ginger one on hand. And I take the capsules. There’s no taste. 

19 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

That makes sense, as non-drowsy Dramamine is just ginger.  "Less-drowsy" has Meclizine, but the non-drowsy version doesn't actually have any drug in it at all.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 5.13.01 PM.png

That's not the one I use - sorry, I should have said "less drowsy". I use this one which contains meclizine hydrochloride. 

image.thumb.png.668b5af7d8286bf22fc54299196accf8.png