early drinks

Oldguy

Absolutely the first thing we do when we get on-board is go straight to the Schooner Bar and order a drink BEFORE we go and check in to our muster station. You never know, there might be a long line and we could need some hydration beverage.😁

20 hours ago, CruisingNewb said:

It is a cardinal rule that if you are an adult, the number one, first and foremost, most important, absolutely necessary thing to do once you board is order a drink🤪

I once bypassed this rule and decided to hop in the pool (instead of the bar) immediately upon arrival. While getting in, I slipped and sprained by thumb. It was incredibly painful and almost considered leaving the ship to run to an urgent care before departure. Instead, I went and got a Bud Light aluminum can and held it against my finger while drinking. Several years later, I occasionally still have pain in that thumb, but it taught me the importance of alcohol on vacation. 

19 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

That is more than a rule, it’s tradition!!! 

Law, one would say. International law. 

26 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I once bypassed this rule and decided to hop in the pool (instead of the bar) immediately upon arrival. While getting in, I slipped and sprained by thumb. It was incredibly painful and almost considered leaving the ship to run to an urgent care before departure. Instead, I went and got a Bud Light aluminum can and held it against my finger while drinking. Several years later, I occasionally still have pain in that thumb, but it taught me the importance of alcohol on vacation. 

Law, one would say. International law. 

And that lesson would be....alcohol first, pool injury second, that way alcohol has numbed your body and the injury doesn't hurt as much. 😆