Best rewards credit card

DNelly

I cannot say for certain that a card for just cruises would offer the most in regard to rewards. I do know that the AMEX brand often has a bunch of bonuses geared towards booking cruises.

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve: the annual fee is pretty high at $550 but all the benefits outweigh the cost imho. No foreign transaction fees, decent point accumulation, built in travel protection and lounge access.  I get 3x the points on all travel and 50% more value when I book through their travel portal. I use Lyft because I earn 10x the points. I have had it since 2017 and I haven't paid for hotel stays since 2019. This year alone I am already at 10+ nights booked on points, a savings of over $3k. Plus I got TSA precheck free with it. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I cannot say for certain that a card for just cruises would offer the most in regard to rewards. I do know that the AMEX brand often has a bunch of bonuses geared towards booking cruises.

I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve: the annual fee is pretty high at $550 but all the benefits outweigh the cost imho. No foreign transaction fees, decent point accumulation, built in travel protection and lounge access.  I get 3x the points on all travel and 50% more value when I book through their travel portal. I use Lyft because I earn 10x the points. I have had it since 2017 and I haven't paid for hotel stays since 2019. This year alone I am already at 10+ nights booked on points, a savings of over $3k. Plus I got TSA precheck free with it. 

I have the Reserve card with American Express.  Free luggage, priority at airports, pre-check, Sky Club access, points for travel, etc..  And yes, I pay $550 annually for it but has paid off. 

On 7/12/2023 at 1:19 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I agree.  I have the same Chase Reserve card. I also have the Chase Ink card for business, so I can combine points. I'll move my Ink points to reserve b/c using them for travel gives you more bang for your buck.  Yes, the $550 annual fee is steep, but then you get $300 in travel credits per year (that's from memory - it may be more). Plus, you get discounts on things like Lyft, DoorDash, etc.