No more bridge tours for Diamond Plus members

21 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

Are the bridge tours limited to suite guests?

Anyone can buy an all access tour via the Cruise Planner. Historically, D+ or Suite guests were offered a complimentary tour of some kind.

I'm surprised the hard bed thing hasn't been a bigger deal.  I like a firm mattress but what they've been putting in is more like a metal plate with a comforter thrown over it to offer the illusion of padding.

As far as the bridge tour, no one likes when things are taken away (I wouldn't be happy about this - I love bridge tours!) but I think this is where so many loyalty perks are overvalued.  They can come and go, and aren't the reasons I pick which cruise line or cabin category in which I stay.

As a result of the overwhelming popularity of the C&A program and the associated perks, perhaps Royal should charge a $7.95 fee for those who want to partake. ;)

Too much sarcasm?

Seriously, I understand the need for the change as there becomes a point when the sheer number of C&A members becomes unmanageable. And for Royal, it's a good problem for them to have. However, I also think that they should replace a perk with something else if they're going to take one away. For example, they could wave the room service fee for Diamond Plus members. It really wouldn't cost them as many might not use it and it would add some good will. 

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

As a result of the overwhelming popularity of the C&A program and the associated perks, perhaps Royal should charge a $7.95 fee for those who want to partake. ;)

Too much sarcasm?

Seriously, I understand the need for the change as there becomes a point when the sheer number of C&A members becomes unmanageable. And for Royal, it's a good problem for them to have. However, I also think that they should replace a perk with something else if they're going to take one away. For example, they could wave the room service fee for Diamond Plus members. It really wouldn't cost them as many might not use it and it would add some good will. 

No such thing as too much sarcasm....especially when it's deserved !!

Kris, I think your idea is a great one.  If you take away something then offer something else.

To be honest, we have pretty much been passing on the bridge tours lately.  Not to be too cynical, but once you've seen the bridge of most of the ship classes, you've seen them all.  I feel bad for any D+ that didn't get to take advantage of the bridge tour.  It is really a very nice amenity.  Who knows why they discontinued it, but I suspect, as you do, Kris, that it just became a numbers game and the demand overwhelmed the supply.

I guess we'll find out if they will continue to offer this amenity to the suites.  My guess is, they will.

I've enjoyed bridge tours, but I can't get too upset.

last one I did was on Navigator.  Security was checking off names and there were a few not called.  They said they were scheduled for a later one and just wanted to go early. Security said no, as they are limited to 16ppl max, and there were NINE FULL GROUPS OF 16 TO TOUR THE BRIDGE!  

I can see where it is getting out of hand ;)

Diamond +?  We went on the bridge tour when we turned Diamond.  We were also invited to the captains table on the same cruise.   When did they change the bridge tours to Diamond plus?  Maybe they could let the Diamond plus members do two bridge tours only.  That way it could make room for ones that have never been on the tour.  How many times do you really need to see the bridge?  How about when you turn Pinnacle they let you sit in the captains chair and steer the boat for a few minutes or when you get 1000 points they let you help dock the boat!

Is the all access tour worth it if we are already doing a galley tour with chefs table?  We are on freedom and im thinking we should wait and do it on another ship when we don't do chefs table (or like on adventure where the galley tour wasnt included in chefs table). Jane

3 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Is the all access tour worth it if we are already doing a galley tour with chefs table?  We are on freedom and im thinking we should wait and do it on another ship when we don't do chefs table (or like on adventure where the galley tour wasnt included in chefs table). Jane

I agree, Jane.  I would probably wait and do the All Access Tour on another ship if you are already going to get a galley tour on NAV.  When we did the AAT it included a lot of [galley] stuff that your Chef's Table tour is probably not going to give you BUT it won't be that big a difference.  Why get the galley tour twice ?  I would probably wait until I was on another ship to do the AAT.

20 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Is the all access tour worth it if we are already doing a galley tour with chefs table?

I think if you've never done a behind-the-scenes tour, it's worth it.  The galley is cool, but the bridge and engine room are far more interesting.

• 1 month later...