Utopia of the Seas- July 22-26, 2024 Bahamas & Perfect Day

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have a blast, I’m sure you will! Had my TA place a hold as soon as it was released but was just too frugal to pay THAT much extra for an inaugural even though I was excited to try one.

Please help Neesa keep the suite neighborhood doors locked. πŸ™ˆ

This cruise is not my usual fare. Since I am starting my 34th teaching in the fall, I deserve starting it off with a bang.Β 

36 minutes ago, Sweety said:

This cruise is not my usual fare. Since I am starting my 34th teaching in the fall, I deserve starting it off with a bang.Β 

Yes, yes you do!

TBF, my wife (teacher of 22 years as discussed in Neesa's blog) was willing to do the 4-night inaugural instead of 7-nights on Wonder (the cost was similar) even though she cared a lot less about being on an inaugural. My frugality wouldn't let me.

My plan this sailing, lounge and balcony. I thought only 4 nights, I'm going to give this location a try. While we loved the beach club at Coco Cay this price is a hard no. We are going to just wing it this trip on Coco cay, the prices are super high trying to take advantage of the euphoria of the first sailing. We paid enough for the cabin so I feel good just "roughing it"

Screenshot_20230706_115034_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_115511_Royal.jpg

@AshleyDilloΒ Nope! Going with an enjoy the heck out of my balcony mindset. I'm sure it ( the suite sun deck) will be inundated by bloggers and travel professionals. While I do plan to photo bomb it won't be in my bathing suit, yikesπŸ€ͺ

Maybe I'll see Danny and ask him how tall he is, lol!!

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

4 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I'm sure it ( the suite sun deck) will be inundated by bloggers and travel professionals. While I do plan to photo bomb it won't be in my bathing suit, yikesπŸ€ͺ

No doubt! The good part is they're entertaining to watch them talk to themselves..err, the camera... and then they move on to OMG THE NEXT BIGGEST THING!!!#$@! and won't linger there.Β Β 

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

πŸ˜‚

Is he going to be on the actual inaugural? I assumed he would be part of the preview sailings where they get to see the rooms before us riff-raff mess them up.

So true, I have no idea! But we sure won't be able to miss him if he is there. But you're correct, I forgot about those pre cruises!

47 minutes ago, Neesa said:

So true, I have no idea! But we sure won't be able to miss him if he is there. But you're correct, I forgot about those pre cruises!

They canceled the July 8th Allure sailing due to "berthing" scheduling issues at PC..soooo we shall see!Β Β 

Every time I tell myself I'm not going to cruise out of Florida in the summer something like this happens..or Matt announces a summer group cruise πŸ™„

But at least it will be exciting to meet so many folks from here!Β  I'm sure we will cross paths in the Suite Lounge and my mother will fight you for the last of the big glass spring water bottles in CK.πŸ˜‚

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@Neesa

You know that was my exact GS on Wonder, right? Nice choice. 😁

The family has already decided we’d love to be there again if we go on Wonder/Utopia in the future.

Yay! I did not know...great minds think alike!! I figure I might observe a lot less shenanigans from there as well. It was gone on release day but when I saw it open up I thought now that one is special. I'm so glad to know this. Thanks so much!

I think the balcony will be neat and I like how the cabin entry door is set back from the hallway a bit. I saw a video of that cabin on the Wonder on You Tube as well.

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

34 minutes ago, Neesa said:

It was gone on release day

That's because we had it on hold, lol. My family was considering the inaugural until the prices came out. Glad it went to you!

I personally had an interior on hold in case the family decided against it but, as you know, I let that go too.

We honestly never used our balcony (that's why we book interiors when it's just us) but being literally steps away from the SL/CK was one heck of a perk! And yes, the doors do have that little entryway space. Clearly you'll appreciate the actual room more than I would.

Unfortunately, being much newer than Wonder, I doubt you'll get the "fun" TV over your bed that we had with the bouncing and rusty garage door sounds every time we lowered it. Sorry. 🀣

@OCSC MikeΒ oh my word that TV. Ours on the Wonder was possessed. Even the stateroom hosts were confused, it would go down but not up, up then not down. It was the bain of my existence. It made us chuckle for sure, I hate it down cabash likes it down. It was to close to the bed for me, I could and did hit my noggin once while trying to navigate it. I won and it went up and stayed there. You made me laugh this morning with a memory in the back of my mind....thank you!Β 

4 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@OCSC MikeΒ oh my word that TV. Ours on the Wonder was possessed. Even the stateroom hosts were confused, it would go down but not up, up then not down. It was the bain of my existence. It made us chuckle for sure, I hate it down cabash likes it down. It was to close to the bed for me, I could and did hit my noggin once while trying to navigate it. I won and it went up and stayed there. You made me laugh this morning with a memory in the back of my mind....thank you!Β 

I remember you mentioning it being stuck at one point. Clearly the engineering on those could have been a bit better.

Happy to give you a laugh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just realized that we are on the inaugural cruise for Utopia. Do you really think the bloggers, bloggers, travels agents -- love them all-- will be on in a pre-cruise? I was thinking of changing the date because as much as I love watching their beautiful videos and all the information they share that we need to cruise, but I don't want to feel like I'm constantly looking out for a camera trying not to end up in someone's video. Didn't know they may be on a pre-cruise and want to figure that out before I change the date of the cruise...Ugh, was so excited about the cruise I didn't pay attention.

@Figuring It Out We have fun looking back and seeing if by chance we are in the video. Seriously though, I get your hesitation. When we were on the first sailing on the Adventure from Nassau after the shut down the ship seemed to have more travel industry professionals & bloggers than leisure passengers like us. They were there in full force....but I can say they know how to sail and were very respectful. I thought everyone was being pretty kind to each other & there seemed to be a lot less little ones underfoot.Β 

We do believe when a new ship is released your assertion is correct, they will be there. We just go about our business & enjoy the sailing being respectful of our surroundings. Stay excited, I have never experienced an inaugural before so I'm looking forward to celebrating how special it will be. I wish for you joy with what ever decision you make. πŸ™‚

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. The information was very helpful. I think I will stick this one out. I mean, how often do you get to do an inaugural cruise and at only 4 days onboard, I think it might be worth it to fight the fear of the camera. Thanks so much for your help! Β ENJOY the cruise...We can't wait!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay who is changing to the 3 day?Β  We have an A2 booked and am conflicted to change or not.Β  There are 2 couples going, we were thinking of changing and then 2 of us getting a junior suite.Β  Went on the icon inaurgural and it was a blast!!

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Sorry @OCSC MikeΒ I'm keeping your cabin!!Β 

If I'm not in it, I'm glad you are! Would have loved to have joined you but you know I couldn't pay the premium. I'll actually be on Wonder during the "new" inaugural now (getting home a day before you).

We did recently book a couple Utopia B2B's, they're just much farther in the future... and my actual cabin location on Wonder/Utopia going forward is a deck 10 forward interior, lol.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I changed already. I ONLY booked for the inaugural festivities and we are driving over.Β  For us it was a no brainer, won't miss a "sea day"Β 

A huge shout out to @SharlaΒ who got us sorted in minutes!

Sorry @OCSC MikeΒ I'm keeping your cabin!!Β 

We made the switch today.

1 hour ago, MLH said:

Okay who is changing to the 3 day?Β  We have an A2 booked and am conflicted to change or not.Β  There are 2 couples going, we were thinking of changing and then 2 of us getting a junior suite.Β  Went on the icon inaurgural and it was a blast!!

Made the changes.

• 2 weeks later...