Suite Perks - Room Service and Suite Lounge

Hi there...we are staying in our first Crown Loft Suite.  We stayed in a GS several years ago on Radiance, but this is our first stay in a suite on an Oasis class ship (allure).  I know there is free room service, but can someone confirm we can order from the MDR menu?  In particular, for breakfast or lunch?   I remember being able to do dinner, but I don't remember breakfast or lunch.  How does that work?  

Also, since we are so close to the suite lounge, are we allowed to take our drinks from the lounge back to our cabin?  Also, is there coffee available in the suite lounge?  

I may have other questions, but those were the main ones.  Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

Also, since we are so close to the suite lounge, are we allowed to take our drinks from the lounge back to our cabin?  Also, is there coffee available in the suite lounge?  

Yes, you can take a drink out of the SL. I was recently in the closest cabin to the SL doors on Wonder and often popped in just to grab a can of soda, Truly, beer, etc. during the 11-11 free drink period (besides ordering actual cocktails during happy hour which you can also walk out with).

Yes, there is a self-serve machine that makes espresso based drinks like cappuccino, latte, as well as regular coffee.

You can order dinner room service from the MDR menu.  You can order breakfast and lunch but I don’t think that comes from a MDR menu although I could be wrong about that.  I can’t recall ever ordering lunch room service.  We’ve had breakfast though, many times.  Just order what you want.  

Breakfast and lunch room service was not from the MDR. Free room service for suites includes the continental breakfast and American/hot breakfast from 6:00AM - 11:00AM, regular room service menu is available from 11:00AM - 6:00AM. MDR room service is available during MDR dinner times. I usually tip a few dollars depending on how much I get.

RC-room-service-menu-sample.pdf

31 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

We are in a 2 BR Owners Suite. DD & Fiancée are in a balcony. If we order room service dinner, what is to stop her from eating as she is also a care giver for her disabled adult siblings?

There's nothing stopping you from ordering food for as many people as you like.  I mean there's probably an unpublished limit.  I seriously doubt they would let you order 100 dinners but ordering for your family is quite normal.

21 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

Breakfast and lunch room service was not from the MDR. Free room service for suites includes the continental breakfast and American/hot breakfast from 6:00AM - 11:00AM, regular room service menu is available from 11:00AM - 6:00AM. MDR room service is available during MDR dinner times. I usually tip a few dollars depending on how much I get.

RC-room-service-menu-sample.pdf 1.88 MB · 6 downloads

I did some more research, and it seems on another board, suites can order breakfast and lunch from the MDR for  breakfast and lunch when it is open.  This information is a few years old.  I'm still digging.  

As for the suite lounge info, thank you! 

@Coda_Sarah If I can recall there has never been a free MDR breakfast or lunch delivery for suites that aren't star class. Yes, you can order during those times, but they are not complementary. That is why the perk says from the MDR during dinner hours. Also the MDR is rarely open for lunch, they do brunch on some sea days but menu is limited. Room service, even if you are in a suite, for breakfast and lunch will be based on the room service menu.

You also have the Coastal Kitchen (a 15 second walk away from your room), and I highly recommend it. We've stayed in a Loft Suite twice on Allure now, and it's awesome. The suite lounge is really nice, and depending upon the hour can be a quiet place to reflect or a busy social gathering. In the morning there is coffee of different sorts, and some snacks at certain times of the day. You can carry drinks from the SL to your room too, no issues.

We've done (early) breakfast with room service, and dinner once, but that was it, and I don't think we used the MDR menu when we did. We're early risers (think 5-6 AM) so we get a light ensemble through room service around 6, then go on to real breakfast at the CK (the Baja eggs are awesome!). Rest of our dining times were split between the CK and other specialty restaurants. One of the Allure trips we never even went into the main dining room or Windjammer. 🙂 Allure is a great ship!

I'm not a fan of MDR room service because of the time it takes to run the food from the lower galleys to deck 17, or anywhere for that matter. 

Everything is served all at once.  They don't offer room service in stages to match a three course meal.   Appetizers, mains and dessert for everyone all on the same cart that has been navigating the back passages and crew elevators to get from deck 3 to deck 17.  Then by the time you eat your appetizer the mains are not as hot as they would be when sitting in the MDR.   

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm not a fan of MDR room service because of the time it takes to run the food from the lower galleys to deck 17, or anywhere for that matter. 

Everything is served all at once.  They don't offer room service in stages to match a three course meal.   Appetizers, mains and dessert for everyone all on the same cart that has been navigating the back passages and crew elevators to get from deck 3 to deck 17.  Then by the time you eat your appetizer the mains are not as hot as they would be when sitting in the MDR.   

This is one reason why we never tried it even though I said I was going to just b/c there's no charge. I envisioned just what you described.

We haven't been MDR fans for a long time anyway so no harm done really.