Southwest opens flights

jce2

Just a heads up that as of this morning Southwest has opened flights thru March 7th!  Got my 6 return tickets from Houston for about $100 less than expected (per ticket!).  Was also able to book 6 seats round trip from Houston to Galveston using Galveston Limos for $240 total which form my research seems to be the cheapest way to go.  Now that all my transport is arranged I can sit back, relax, and wait for those drink package sales!  ;)

One note:  I do a LOT of research on my trips and can tell you that round trip vs two separate one-ways on Southwest generates the exact same price (ie. you can book one trip now and return trip later and it wont cost any extra.  There is no price break for round-trip (at least not on Southwest))

2 hours ago, jce2 said:

One note:  I do a LOT of research on my trips and can tell you that round trip vs two separate one-ways on Southwest generates the exact same price (ie. you can book one trip now and return trip later and it wont cost any extra.  There is no price break for round-trip (at least not on Southwest))

And sometimes it's even less to use 2 different airlines. My children booked United to Fort Lauderdale and the return trip is on Southwest. It does pay to research.

5 hours ago, Skid said:

And sometimes it's even less to use 2 different airlines. My children booked United to Fort Lauderdale and the return trip is on Southwest. It does pay to research.

I'm looking at doing this for December/January. Alaska is cheaper going out, but Southwest is cheaper coming home and both are nonstop flights. 

We always use Southwest...no baggage fees for the first 2 bags. Also I made our reservations yesterday for next January. A couple hours later, I realized that I had made the return flight out of Ft. Lauderdale too early to use luggage valet. I called Southwest and was able to change that flight to a later one....no charge!!!...except for the difference in fare cost. They are the best airline ever!!!

3 hours ago, Madelyn D said:

Thank you for the Galveston Limo Recommendation - that is the lowest price for transport for my group that I have found so far.

Also check sites like Autoslash for car rental deals as the reprice constantly. When we sailed out of Galveston, it was cheaper for us to rent and park the car at the port than for two transfers. 

12 hours ago, DocLC said:

Also check sites like Autoslash for car rental deals as the reprice constantly. When we sailed out of Galveston, it was cheaper for us to rent and park the car at the port than for two transfers. 

I'm 24 so renting a car gives me a hefty fiee for being under 25.  Next year I will look into this!