What next?

We've done a 4 night cruise on Enchantment (Nassau, Coco Cay, Key west) and we are on Oasis in August (Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel).  I would like suggestions for our next cruise.  We would prefer departing from East Coast ports (New England down to Miami).  My wife and I took to cruising like fish to water.  We loved the Caribbean but would probably go anywhere.  Basically is there a consensus on a few stellar itineraries?    

There are many more parts of the Caribbean (southern Caribbean is great - check the Navigator live blog from our trip to the ABC islands).  During the summer Alaska cruises are gorgeous and very relaxing.  NE seaboard cruises are indeed great as @Gears noted, though there aren't as many.  Then there is the Med, the Baltic, Hawaii...

I'd say either Southern Caribbean or Alaska next.  Branch out from there.  AK has a very diffeent feel to the cruises overall.  

If you want to stick to shorter cruises like you've listed, check out the 5-night to Bermuda out of either Baltimore (Grandeur of the Seas) or Cape Liberty (Anthem). Only the one port, but two days there and a chance to try out a new ship!

After that, I second the nomination for a Canada / New England cruise, maybe in September to catch the foliage. That's an open jaw trip, so depending on whether you went north or south, you'd need a flight home from Quebec, Boston, or Cape Liberty. No Baltimore option as best I remember.

4 hours ago, blawmtih said:

We've done a 4 night cruise on Enchantment (Nassau, Coco Cay, Key west) and we are on Oasis in August (Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel).  I would like suggestions for our next cruise.  We would prefer departing from East Coast ports (New England down to Miami).  My wife and I took to cruising like fish to water.  We loved the Caribbean but would probably go anywhere.  Basically is there a consensus on a few stellar itineraries?    

Actually, you haven't even begun to do the Caribbean.  You've just done the baby Caribbean, especially with 2 private islands, Cozumel and a U.S. port.   The Southern Caribe is where you'll find really exotic ports and the Eastern Caribe has some extremely beautiful (although fairly Americanized) locales.  It depends on what you are looking for in itineraries.  Hiking? Ancient Ruins? Shopping? Music?  Interesting Food?  Snorkeling?  Waterfalls?  Every island has something great to offer, IMO.  I had one of the best nature hikes of my life on Dominica, enjoyed the most beautiful swimming cove on St. John, traveled to fabulous Mayan ruins in Belize, had a super high-end luncheon on St. Barts, did an informative sugar cane plantation/rum factory tour on Barbados.....  I once took a smaller-ship cruise that left out of Granada (now that was an interesting port) and went to some amazing islands way off the beaten path.   I never tire of the Caribbean.

5 hours ago, blawmtih said:

If you would like a little longer cruise, I don't think you can go wrong with the 11 or 12 night Eastern or Southern sailings on Anthem OTS departing from Cape Liberty in NJ. Anthem OTS also does a 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean itinerary. Harbor Lights in Barbados and Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda are two of our favorite beaches.

We enjoyed the 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise that departs out of San Juan, PR. We arrived 2 days early to take advantage of Puerto Rico.  Royal has different itineraries departing from this port. We avoided St Maarten and St Thomas because they were regular stops for other cruises we have been on.  

Great thoughts from everyone.  I grew up in coastal New England and love it, but the New England cruises get such poor reviews.  I partly assumed some of this was the fact that mostly angry people or critiques write reviews.  Yeah, I knew there was a bunch in the Caribbean we were missing.  I want to do St. Martin next or Bermuda but will consider New England a bit more.  Living in West Virginia means to get to New England I have to get through the dreaded New York/Connecticut corridor, the drive would be more pleasant on a cruise ship I think.

5 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

We enjoyed the 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise that departs out of San Juan, PR. We arrived 2 days early to take advantage of Puerto Rico.  Royal has different itineraries departing from this port. We avoided St Maarten and St Thomas because they were regular stops for other cruises we have been on.  

I agree with this statement, there are at least three different itineraries out of San Juan currently and they have now ported Freedom out of San Juan as well as Jewel during certian times of the year, Jewel will visit more of the smaller islands the bigger ships don't go in to.

31 minutes ago, blawmtih said:

Great thoughts from everyone.  I grew up in coastal New England and love it, but the New England cruises get such poor reviews.  I partly assumed some of this was the fact that mostly angry people or critiques write reviews.  Yeah, I knew there was a bunch in the Caribbean we were missing.  I want to do St. Martin next or Bermuda but will consider New England a bit more.  Living in West Virginia means to get to New England I have to get through the dreaded New York/Connecticut corridor, the drive would be more pleasant on a cruise ship I think.

The 9 night Anthem sailing out of Cape Liberty fulfills your wish list. It goes to Bermuda AND St Martin, as well as Puerto Rico and Labadee.