New Cruise Planner Sale

4 hours ago, Big jools said:

Hi can you tell me what nellies cabana is like and how much please I am thinking of booking it 

Here's an overview (with lots of photos) of Nellie's Beach cabanas: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/04/11/nellies-beach-cabanas-royal-caribbeans-labadee

Also more photos: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/09/21/photo-tour-of-the-beach-cabanas-nellies-beach-labadee

13 minutes ago, jce2 said:

Alas, July 4th sale does not seem to apply to the January Liberty sailings.

You might have better luck as it gets closer to sailing. If they have a 4th of July sale, you know they are going to have a Labor Day sale.

No luck for me either, unfortunately. Pretty clear now that for my March sailing I'll need to wait until at least Labor Day, more likely Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years.

So that just means I buy what I need each month as originally planned so I lock things in (down to just the internet and beverage packages at this point; everything else is already bought), and then when the sales come along I'll cancel and rebook if it saves me money, and enjoy some credit balance applied to my card that month. :3_grin:

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

No luck for me either, unfortunately. Pretty clear now that for my March sailing I'll need to wait until at least Labor Day, more likely Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Years.

So that just means I buy what I need each month as originally planned so I lock things in (down to just the internet and beverage packages at this point; everything else is already bought), and then when the sales come along I'll cancel and rebook if it saves me money, and enjoy some credit balance applied to my card that month. :3_grin:

That's a good plan. I did the same and wound up rebooking my refreshment plan, 3 excursions and three specialty dinners and saved about $200. With your sailing dates I would imagine it will go on sale, later in the year. Just as an example though, the refreshment package is on sale for the third time now since I booked in Feb.

Ok, so I logged into my thanksgiving cruise and had in my cart already  the drink/internet package for 54 per day .  Now, the sale for the 4th is indicating a 25 percent discount on the package totaling 54 dollhairs.  Where is the savings?  Am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Ok, so I logged into my thanksgiving cruise and had in my cart already  the drink/internet package for 54 per day .  Now, the sale for the 4th is indicating a 25 percent discount on the package totaling 54 dollhairs.  Where is the savings?  Am I missing something?

They're sneaky.  The advertised price in the Cruise Planner ALREADY has the discount included....so they don't really show you the "full" price.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They're sneaky.  The advertised price in the Cruise Planner ALREADY has the discount included....so they don't really show you the "full" price.

And don't the sale prices usually indicate that the savings are a % off of on ship prices?

17 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Not everything in the Cruise Planner is necessarily on sale as a result of this new sale.  Usually it's only select items. You'd have to log in regularly to know the price difference, similar to how if you go to the Gap, they don't tell you if the sale price today is better than the price for jeans last week.

16 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think it's simpler.  I hate when I go to a store and it has a sign "Take 50% off the lowest ticketed price".  No math! :8_laughing:

On 6/29/2017 at 5:24 AM, Big jools said:

Hi can you tell me what nellies cabana is like and how much please I am thinking of booking it 

It's not as nice as the suite cabanas at Barefoot Beach, but they are nice.  Here is a picture of my wife enjoying a Labadoozie in a Barefoot Beach cabana.  The main difference is the crowds.  Nellie's is very crowded, especially with kids.  Not necessarily IN the cabanas, just enjoying the beach itself.

The cost is $495.  I was able to get it on sale for 20% off.

IMG_4967.JPG

5 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

It's not as nice as the suite cabanas at Barefoot Beach, but they are nice.  Here is a picture of my wife enjoying a Labadoozie in a Barefoot Beach cabana.  The main difference is the crowds.  Nellie's is very crowded, especially with kids.  Not necessarily IN the cabanas, just enjoying the beach itself.

The cost is $495.  I was able to get it on sale for 20% off.

I purchased an over-the-water cabana on Nellie's Beach (also for a nice discount), wondering if the crowd situation you described is as bad since those cabanas are literally on a cliff above the water's edge and have their own entrance to the water, rather than being located on the main beach. Still the same shared swimming area, so likely to be as crowded in the water as the beach cabanas are on the sand?

Obviously, crowds will vary with sailing time, but seeing as my trip is during a spring break week I'd assume I'll be more likely to have heavier crowds overall.

On 6/30/2017 at 4:30 PM, JLMoran said:

I purchased an over-the-water cabana on Nellie's Beach (also for a nice discount), wondering if the crowd situation you described is as bad since those cabanas are literally on a cliff above the water's edge and have their own entrance to the water, rather than being located on the main beach. Still the same shared swimming area, so likely to be as crowded in the water as the beach cabanas are on the sand?

Obviously, crowds will vary with sailing time, but seeing as my trip is during a spring break week I'd assume I'll be more likely to have heavier crowds overall.

The crowds aren't as bad in the over-the-water cabanas, which is one reason I got that one.  However, if you want to spend time in the water (i usually will spend 1/3-1/2 the time in the water), you'll be thrust back into the throngs of people.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:59 AM, BrianAlt said:

The crowds aren't as bad in the over-the-water cabanas, which is one reason I got that one.  However, if you want to spend time in the water (i usually will spend 1/3-1/2 the time in the water), you'll be thrust back into the throngs of people.

I'll be on the coaster for a decent part of the morning (bought an unlimited pass), then just lounging in the cabana. My wife and kids have a 10 AM ticket for the zip line and will probably be in the water for a good chunk of the rest of the day, although they also have coaster tickets (unlimited) and I'm going to encourage them to go with me as early as possible before the zip line to avoid the crowds and their money's worth. Hopefully they'll be back from the zip line before the lunch buffet is totally raided, but I may ask the attendant to help me grab some stuff for them and bring it back if I get the feeling they'll be back a little too late.

• 2 weeks later...