Anthem to Asia! Any idea on repositioning cruise?

I went to Captain's Corner on Anthem this morning and asked specifically about a possible repo to Singapore and when the Singapore itineraries would be released.

It appears there is going to be a repo in mid-October 2024 that will go through the Med and the Suez Canal. The Singapore itineraries will be 3- and 4-nighters.

All of these are currently at the final review stage and the Captain expects them to be released very soon.

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I went to Captain's Corner on Anthem this morning and asked specifically about a possible repo to Singapore and when the Singapore itineraries would be released.

It appears there is going to be a repo in mid-October 2024 that will go through the Med and the Suez Canal. The Singapore itineraries will be 3- and 4-nighters.

All of these are currently at the final review stage and the Captain expects them to be released very soon.

Ugh, I’m booked to go through the Panama Canal that month. Thank you for the update 

I wonder whether there would be a 'discount' for booking all 3 legs, as currently they have to be booked seperatly. Had been waiting with bated breath for this itinerary to be released after our cruise on Anthem at the start of July because we had such an incredible time onboard - ironically we were sat right behind @FionaMGat the captain's corner when you asked about the repositioning! 

£4,702 in an inside cabin for 38 nights does seem like a lot of money for a repositioning, especially as the cruise isn't during peak season or at a feasible time for families or most employed people. The difference in price is crazy between this cruise and the TA cruises at the same time...

1 hour ago, bethr_20 said:

I wonder whether there would be a 'discount' for booking all 3 legs, as currently they have to be booked seperatly. Had been waiting with bated breath for this itinerary to be released after our cruise on Anthem at the start of July because we had such an incredible time onboard - ironically we were sat right behind @FionaMGat the captain's corner when you asked about the repositioning! 

£4,702 in an inside cabin for 38 nights does seem like a lot of money for a repositioning, especially as the cruise isn't during peak season or at a feasible time for families or most employed people. The difference in price is crazy between this cruise and the TA cruises at the same time...

Oh wow. I wish I'd realised. It would have been fun to meet in person. Off topic for this thread but did you enjoy the glacier? We did the Skylift and it was great. 😊

As for the repo, it's probably priced so outrageously because it's such a unique itinerary. They'll be targeting people with both time and money on their hands so I can't see it coming down in price much, unless maybe the first leg with its snoresville itinerary. I might have considered doing the Rome-Dubai segment but am not tempted by either the itinerary or the 🤑.

@FionaMG yes - the glacier was beautiful! Hoping that your holiday was as magical as ours was!

As for the repositioning, we're currently half-tempted to do the Dubai-Singapore leg (as that's the itinerary that most interests us). Our youngest daughter isn't very happy though because she'll be doing her alevel mocks at the time of the cruise so she wouldn't be able to join us - this is ironic as she's the one who books our family holidays! Our son will be in his doctorate programme, and our other daughter will be in university, so it might just be my husband and I on the cruise, but we'll have to wait and see whether it's financially feasible before we confirm anything...

20230710_125743.jpg

20230710_121307.jpg

20230710_114429.jpg

20230710_112141(0).jpg

20230710_111324(0).jpg

1 hour ago, bethr_20 said:

@FionaMG yes - the glacier was beautiful! Hoping that your holiday was as magical as ours was!

As for the repositioning, we're currently half-tempted to do the Dubai-Singapore leg (as that's the itinerary that most interests us). Our youngest daughter isn't very happy though because she'll be doing her alevel mocks at the time of the cruise so she wouldn't be able to join us - this is ironic as she's the one who books our family holidays! Our son will be in his doctorate programme, and our other daughter will be in university, so it might just be my husband and I on the cruise, but we'll have to wait and see whether it's financially feasible before we confirm anything...

Your pics are beautiful! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. 🥰

We had an amazing time too and are seriously considering going back again next year, at which point the glacier will be on our "to do" list.

If you and hubby do do the Dubai-Singapore cruise, I guess you'll have to "compensate" youngest daughter with another cruise later on that she can join you on! 😂

I am tempted to switch my 14 night Odyssey transatlantic cruise from Rome to Cape Liberty for the 15 night Suez Canal cruise. 

Those ports of call and the Suez Canal many of them are on my list of places to go.  I am tempted but I think I will keep the cruise on Odyssey because we got a great deal on a a sky loft suit.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:16 PM, FionaMG said:

I wasn't able to get a pic from a similar angle but I can tell you that the scenery in Norway is absolutely stunning.

To whet your appetite, these are from the top of the Loen Skylift in Olden. You can Anthem in the first one.

Thank you FionaMG! That is beautiful! How difficult was it to reach that viewpoint? I am probably going to do two separate Anthem trips, one for the Fjords and then the Asia repositioning thru Med and Suez Canal to Dubai, then to Singapore.

14 hours ago, Robin Eng said:
On 7/13/2023 at 11:16 PM, FionaMG said:

I wasn't able to get a pic from a similar angle but I can tell you that the scenery in Norway is absolutely stunning.

To whet your appetite, these are from the top of the Loen Skylift in Olden. You can Anthem in the first one.

Thank you FionaMG! That is beautiful! How difficult was it to reach that viewpoint? I am probably going to do two separate Anthem trips, one for the Fjords and then the Asia repositioning thru Med and Suez Canal to Dubai, then to Singapore.

Getting to that viewpoint was very easy. It's at the top of the Loen Skylift. This is from the port of Olden. There's a shuttle bus that takes you to the Skylift from the port (5 minute ride). You can buy tickets online ahead of time (slightly cheaper) or from the Olden Adventures Office right where you get off the ship (the benefit of waiting till the day of means you know what the weather's like before you buy). You can do a number of different hikes at the top and there is also a zipline. The zipline's opening hours are 1 pm to 6 pm so although DD was keen, we didn't want to hang around until then.

https://www.loenskylift.no/

https://www.oldencruise.com/shore-excursions/loen-skylift-including-transfer/

Another great viewpoint was in Bergen:

AnthemoftheSeasinBergenNorway.thumb.jpg.beb214cbb8ef540564b00f96443afa2a.jpg

This is from the top of the funicular. You can ride up and back down, ride one way (up or down) and walk the other, or walk both ways. DD and I did it the hard way! 😂

We were extremely lucky with the weather in Bergen, which is one of the rainiest cities in Norway.

The area at the top of the funicular gets very busy (too busy, in fact). We walked a little bit farther on to a place called Lake Skomakerdiket, where we had a traditional pancake. I had mine just with jam but DD tried hers with the famous Norwegian brown cheese and jam.

If you want to ride the funicular here be sure to buy the tickets online ahead of time. The queue for tickets was gigantic!

https://www.floyen.no/en/floibanen

https://www.floyen.no/en/food-and-beverage/skomakerstuen-cafe/

In Geiranger, we were unlucky with the weather. Low cloud the whole time, so although we enjoyed our hike up to Westeras Farm, we weren't able to see the fjord when we got to the top. If you decide to do this walk, go as early as you can. By the time we came back down, the first section of it (up a long staircase beside a waterfall) was absolutely packed with people, making it decidedly unpleasant.

PXL_20230711_065818927.thumb.jpg.9ef7ea494b8b103662f8295829d834e2.jpg

PXL_20230711_071752476.thumb.jpg.f2247d48671887a6543a5d60dda22d30.jpg

View from part way up:

PXL_20230711_072224239.thumb.jpg.21eae2d5d7aa11297b49c536dbaad423.jpg

View at the top! 🐏😂

PXL_20230711_081413186.thumb.jpg.364fcfe67512ceaf3a6e45bd9559ee89.jpg