Travel adapters

Mrs L

15 hours ago, Mrs L said:

I’m in the uk and need to take a travel adaptor with me, does anyone know if the my travel pal worldwide adaptor will be allowed as it says it is surge protected? This is the one we currently have. 

Your device is banned if it is a surge protector.  Yes, similar looking devices are used all the time because most aren't surge protectors.  However, surge protectors are a fire hazard on a ship so please don't knowingly bring such a device.

Just a note regarding surge protector/no surge protector.  Trust me when I say that the screeners at the terminal security do not know or care anything about surge protection.  If it has a cord and they see it, it will be confiscated.  If it does NOT have a cord and they they don't like the looks of it, it will be confiscated.  They simply DO NOT CARE.

On the issue of whether it's the right or wrong thing to do....definitely agree that you should NOT bring a device on the ship that has a surge protector.  It IS a safety hazard and you shouldn't bring it on the ship.   ....just sayin'...the screeners don't know from surge protection...

9 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Look on Amazon for cruise approved, buy one without a cord, and put it in your carry on bag (your purse or backpack). You should be fine.

There is NO such thing as cruise approved.  Some retailers put that line in their marketing so their products show up when you search.  ALL cruise lines ban surge protectors but you can find products that claim to be "cruise approved" surge protectors.  That should tell you everything you need to know about those retailers.

20 hours ago, Mrs L said:

Thank you all for your replies, I’m glad I asked, I definitely won’t be bringing this one now as it has got a surge protector on it. I will have a look and see if I can find something similar without. Just wanted to be sure before purchasing another. Greatly appreciate all your answers. 😊

I take both US and EU adapters with me, that way you can use all of the sockets for UK plugs.