Weather

40 minutes ago, Amyjean04 said:

We have are going on a 4night on Freedom out of Miami this Monday April 10. I’m up north and seeing horrible weather during the entire cruise. Any insight from anyone down south? Will the captain be able to avoid it at all? Thanks!

The weather for that area looks like typical spring weather. Chance of showers every day.

Don't let the weather scare you.  They will try their best to avoid storms and go around them, but sometimes it is not 100% possible.  More than likely, you will still have a wonderful time and a great trip.  I will say, just as a precaution, bring some motion sickness meds if you are prone to motion/sea sickness.  Our last trip was a little rocky because of storms, but we still had a great time.

Florida/Caribbean weather forecasts are often wrong in the morning for later that same day. Don't sweat it.

On one of my last Coco Cay days, it said 80% chance of rain most the next morning/afternoon when I went to sleep the night before. It didn't rain at all until 2pm, then stopped after a short time.

Today in Florida it rained, depending where you were.

I was at lunch with a cruising friend.  It poured hard!   Once it stopped we left and went our own ways.   A mile down the road it was dry.  

In Florida it can rain in your front yard but not your backyard.

The weather forecast just said rain. It was right.  For some people.