Oasis Boarding Day Lunch

We never, ever do the Windjammer on embarkation day, too much chaos. We have been going specialty lunch for embarkation day. That way you are absolutely guaranteed a quiet relaxing embarkation lunch. It's pretty cheap too, Chops for 2 adults and a child is like 50-60 bucks. Well worth it. I see for next year on Anthem Jamie's does lunch on embarkation day. We will be doing that for sure. 

19 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We never, ever do the Windjammer on embarkation day, too much chaos. We have been going specialty lunch for embarkation day. That way you are absolutely guaranteed a quiet relaxing cruise. It's pretty cheap too, Chops for 2 adults and a child is like 50-60 bucks. Well worth it. I see for next year on Anthem Jamie's does lunch on embarkation day. We will be doing that for sure. 

This is my same exact strategy and it’s sooooo much better than the zoo….I mean Windjammer.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, Ryan79 said:

This is my same exact strategy and it’s sooooo much better than the zoo….I mean Windjammer.

Its so worth the extra bit of money. I just wish there were more options. Typically its just Chops which is GREAT but would love a few options. Like I said Anthem next Feb. I see Jamie's is open for lunch on Embarkation day. Its already loaded in my cart. We will do this on every cruise its offered.  

On 4/8/2023 at 6:50 AM, Ryanmw said:

Just thank you everyone. People look at me like I’m crazy for being ok spending money on embarkation lunch instead of just going to the free windjammer. I’m glad I’m not the only one

Oh heck no, at least not from me and a few here in this thread. I don't ever see us going to the Windjammer on Embarkation day. Oh its especially a good idea to find an alternative on Oasis because the buffet is small. Windjammer/buffet is great, serves a needed purpose but can be too hectic and not convenient at times. The more we cruise the less we go to the buffet. That is typically where you find the most rude people. 

Oh also one bit of advice with Oasis specifically, I would do traditional dinning. I have no idea if its a post covid thing, but "any time" dinning was insane on Oasis. We NEVER got in on day one. I mean NEVER, and ended up at the Windjammer late, too late for me, way too late. Not taking chances with that again, our next 3 booked cruises are traditional dinning early, 5:30. Two on Liberty and one on Anthem. Until I hear "any time" dinning has been fixed we will do traditional dinning. We will make the times work. We also always get the 3 night specialty dinning package. Its the best of both worlds, perfect dinning room and specialty mix.