Promenade Rooms

Gagurl

Have had several Promenade interiors on different Voyager-class ships, and will be there again in October. Love those rooms! We choose a room on deck 7 -- gives you a "buffer" floor between your room and whatever is going on down on the Promenade, but still close enough for people and parade watching. Have never had a problem with sound or light, but I do always bring clothespins to help hold the curtains all the way closed because we like it super dark. 

We've had the promenade view cabins on Freedom and Voyager Class ships on deck 6. On that deck you may be more prone to hearing noise (music) if your cabin is above or nearby a bar or lounge. Just remember the cabins across from you and people on the promenade (although not as much) can see inside your cabin, so you may want to keep at least the scrim curtain closed if you don't want them to see you while you're inside.

we have had 2 on Mariner.

I love them, it feels much less claustrophobic to me than no window at all. Light was an issue, you just had to get the curtain situated where there were no leaks. Sound was never a huge issue for us (admittedly we were not exactly in bed early). In fact I heard sound from the Promenade MUCH worse on a deck 8 interior cabin we had recently.

7 hours ago, crazy4disney said:

Have had several Promenade interiors on different Voyager-class ships, and will be there again in October. Love those rooms! We choose a room on deck 7 -- gives you a "buffer" floor between your room and whatever is going on down on the Promenade, but still close enough for people and parade watching. Have never had a problem with sound or light, but I do always bring clothespins to help hold the curtains all the way closed because we like it super dark. 

We're in the 7th deck as well, so that's good to know. Have to have total darkness when we sleep, so I was planning on bringing hair clips or pins for curtains. Thanks for the info!

Were trying a promenade view on Liberty in June, and love reading all the positive feedback. We are on deck 7, but not 100% what we are near. Is there. A good way to figure it out? I looked at the deck plan on Royal’ site but the Promenade deck doesn’t show the bump out that I see on deck 7 plan…

2 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Were trying a promenade view on Liberty in June, and love reading all the positive feedback. We are on deck 7, but not 100% what we are near. Is there. A good way to figure it out? I looked at the deck plan on Royal’ site but the Promenade deck doesn’t show the bump out that I see on deck 7 plan…

Try this site out and use the deck drag feature.

Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

On 4/7/2023 at 7:17 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

Thanks for the tip. I’m still looking for the drag feature but found the deck plans at the bottom where they are all in a Row and it is it true to life we’d be over the cupcake cupboard and looking at cafe promenade.  Better than near the bar I guess!

www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-shi

on the individual deck pages, near the bottom, under the category color key

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/cabin-check.php?ship=Liberty-of-the-Seas

On 4/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

Thanks for the tip. I’m still looking for the drag feature but found the deck plans at the bottom where they are all in a Row and it is it true to life we’d be over the cupcake cupboard and looking at cafe promenade.  Better than near the bar I guess!

Once you drill down to the ship, it's at the top left:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 113713.jpg

On 4/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

When using the drag feature, the individual decks aren't quite scaled the same.  For example, if you line up the rear elevators on deck 7 with the rear elevators on the promenade deck, the forward elevators will be off a bit.  But it's still useful enough to get the idea.