The Key on my upcoming cruise has one additional perk

Rptgeek

Those look to me like the old perks that were in place during the post-covid restart. I'm pretty sure this is an outdated list and that the room service and 25% discount on specialty dining are no longer a thing.

@Matt has an article somewhere on the site about the pros and cons of The Key and whether or not it's likely to be worth it.

For my 2024 TA cruise room service isn't listed:

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
  • Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70 (reservation is needed).
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

I have not seen that version of benefits since early last year.  I am on the tipping point now that the Key is priced higher, but my wife is making me buy it for our upcoming trip in May.  We used to get it close to what internet alone would cost, so we found value in it then.  I tried talking her out of it as it is an extra $260 for the trip over what internet would cost, but she loves the relaxed boarding, lunch, and disembarkation.  I guess Happy Wife -- Happy Life.

As others have stated, Welcome lunch in the MDR and no more room service.  I have had BOGO offers with the key on Day one with specialty dining, but they were unpublished and probably vary by sailing.

A word of warning on the welcome lunch, it is no longer what you would get at Chops.  If you order a steak, it only comes with fries, you no longer have the option to get premium sides (mashed potatoes, asparagus, etc...) or premium deserts.  At best, lunch is now mediocre.  

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Those look to me like the old perks that were in place during the post-covid restart. I'm pretty sure this is an outdated list and that the room service and 25% discount on specialty dining are no longer a thing.

@Matt has an article somewhere on the site about the pros and cons of The Key and whether or not it's likely to be worth it.

Interesting - I took the screen shot from my cruise planner. 

I ended up reserving the key for our cruise  - based on what I see that is included.  If items are different when we get on board do I have any recourse with Royal Caribbean? 

See 11 second video of what I see below:
https://app.screencast.com/p5YQI1v2pv93r

30 minutes ago, Rptgeek said:

I ended up reserving the key for our cruise  - based on what I see that is included.  If items are different when we get on board do I have any recourse with Royal Caribbean? 

I guess they may not have updated all ships and maybe those that haven't been updated are still offering the old perks? Especially since @bigmoose7563 has confirmed they had the room service.

This is what I see on my cruise planners for Anthem and Freedom:

image.png.561cb11b8838c8d7ef9c3b5863400722.png

I would suggest you make sure you have a dated screenshot that you can take to guest services on board if it turns out you're not getting the perks you expected. That way you'll at least be able to prove what was shown in your cruise planner on the day of booking (in case it gets changed in the meantime).

Cruise planner prices / sales for my next cruise just changed today and the Key is now within a few dollars of the internet (marked down about $10 from yesterday).  Went ahead and bought it to keep my wife happy.  Instead of what was a $260 premium over internet, it is now about a $120 premium as the internet price did not change.

20 hours ago, Rptgeek said:

With that you could ask for some kind of compensation if they don't honor the perks you can clearly see on your CP.

I guess being a smaller ship with less activities than oasis or quantum class available they have to add some perks to give some value to the Key and charge the same as in other ships.