Diamond, Plus, Pinnacle Drink Vouchers

Live2Cruise

Hey all. I know there has to be a posting about this, but I cannot find it anywhere. So, I am newly Diamond, and will be taking my first cruise with this status. My question is, can I "share" my vouchers with others? Or is this a no no since it used to be drinks in the diamond lounge? Just trying to see I I will need to order a drink package for the hubby or if I can huse mine to buy him drinks (and yes, he will have his too, but he can drink more than 4 alcoholic drinks in a day). Thanks all.

23 minutes ago, Live2Cruise said:

Hey all. I know there has to be a posting about this, but I cannot find it anywhere. So, I am newly Diamond, and will be taking my first cruise with this status. My question is, can I "share" my vouchers with others? Or is this a no no since it used to be drinks in the diamond lounge? Just trying to see I I will need to order a drink package for the hubby or if I can huse mine to buy him drinks (and yes, he will have his too, but he can drink more than 4 alcoholic drinks in a day). Thanks all.

You can share them with anyone you want! You do have to order the drink for them. There's no method for "transferring" a voucher to someone else, if that makes sense.

Some days our four each were shared 5/3 as my wife frequently only had a specialty coffee, a drink by the pool, and one at our evening entertainment of choice.

Now that we're moving to five each, it will be interesting to see if it defaults to 6/4 with the occasional 7/3. Time will tell.

i think the only caution i would add is to be kind of stealth about it - at least until you get the lay of the land/the bartender assisting you.  

some bartenders will have no problem doing two drink vouchers at a time (if course you will sign separate slips as they key them in one at a time) whereas others may frown on it. 

we got to know the bartender in vintages (and tipped very well) so he knew when he saw me that i’d  be using two drink vouchers for champagne. and he’d run them one at a time and hand off with a smile. 

technically your vouchers are for YOU - so just like you can’t invite non-diamond members in the diamond club for snacks and drinks, it could be argued that your vouchers are meant to be consumed by you. 

again, its probably not going to be an issue but never hurts to be a little careful at first and then discreetly hand off the drink instead of marching up to the bar like, IM USING MY DIAMOND VOUCHERS FOR THESE THREE FOLKS 😂😂😂

16 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i think the only caution i would add is to be kind of stealth about it - at least until you get the lay of the land/the bartender assisting you.  

some bartenders will have no problem doing two drink vouchers at a time (if course you will sign separate slips as they key them in one at a time) whereas others may frown on it. 

we got to know the bartender in vintages (and tipped very well) so he knew when he saw me that i’d  be using two drink vouchers for champagne. and he’d run them one at a time and hand off with a smile. 

technically your vouchers are for YOU - so just like you can’t invite non-diamond members in the diamond club for snacks and drinks, it could be argued that your vouchers are meant to be consumed by you. 

again, its probably not going to be an issue but never hurts to be a little careful at first and then discreetly hand off the drink instead of marching up to the bar like, IM USING MY DIAMOND VOUCHERS FOR THESE THREE FOLKS 😂😂😂

I don't agree with this.  Many people report using the vouchers to "buy" drinks for multiple people.  It's not the same as sharing a package which is against the rules.  Think of it this way, when paying cash/credit, you can only buy one alcoholic drink per person.  A bartender won't (or shouldn't) sell you 2 drinks unless you bring 2 IDs.  You can even buy a round of drinks for a large party so long as there's enough IDs or people present.  Using the vouchers is essentially the same.  They are pre-paid drinks to be used however you see fit but should only be redeemed one at a time unless you have multiple IDs or people present.

16 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I don't agree with this.  Many people report using the vouchers to "buy" drinks for multiple people.  It's not the same as sharing a package which is against the rules.  Think of it this way, when paying cash/credit, you can only buy one alcoholic drink per person.  A bartender won't (or shouldn't) sell you 2 drinks unless you bring 2 IDs.  You can even buy a round of drinks for a large party so long as there's enough IDs or people present.  Using the vouchers is essentially the same.  They are pre-paid drinks to be used however you see fit but should only be redeemed one at a time unless you have multiple IDs or people present.

I would disagree with you. I don't know what land based bars you go to, but you can order more than one drink. It's not uncommon to get a shot and a beer, wine and a beer, two double jacks etc. without needing two IDs. Plus, if it is an actual bar in most cases IDs have been shown at the door and you can get a round, pitcher, etc. without the specificity of how many people are enjoying it. 

27 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I would disagree with you. I don't know what land based bars you go to, but you can order more than one drink. It's not uncommon to get a shot and a beer, wine and a beer, two double jacks etc. without needing two IDs. Plus, if it is an actual bar in most cases IDs have been shown at the door and you can get a round, pitcher, etc. without the specificity of how many people are enjoying it. 

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to clarify that my comments applied to the bars and bartenders ON an RCL cruise ship.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to clarify that my comments applied to the bars and bartenders ON an RCL cruise ship.

The issue is you said IDs.

However, it is true that as long as you have the proper number of seapass cards you can get corresponding drinks but also you can get more than one alcoholic drink with one seapsss card. I have gotten all my vouchers at once as triples or quadruples. They will also let you get a shot and beer with the DX. 

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The issue is you said IDs.

However, it is true that as long as you have the proper number of seapass cards you can get corresponding drinks but also you can get more than one alcoholic drink with one seapsss card. I have gotten all my vouchers at once as triples or quadruples. They will also let you get a shot and beer with the DX. 

Does it have to be a shot and beer type combination? or for example, could you order 2 beers at a time with 1 seapass card? 

1) Liquor laws vary by state - I do not have to provide multiple IDs when I order multiple drinks in Illinois. Also in Illinois bar tenders can legally drink on the job. No, it is NOT the (only) reason I moved here.

2) As others have said, diamond etc. vouchers can be used in any variation, including buying multiple drinks at the same time. Inside the Diamond Lounge they used to check that people getting the drinks were also D on up as part of transitioning from Happy Hour to e-vouchers loaded on our cards, but the last several cruises? No. 

3) It ALWAYS helps to tip your bar tenders and stick with the same ones.  Yes, they are careful to use jiggers when pouring drinks, except for "Oh, this bottle is almost empty anyway" (welp, it is now) or "I'm swamped and that looks like a double to me" (it was about a quadruple) or "you wanted a floater, didn't you? I distinctly remember you ordering one". Or even "Why Riley, you still have six drinks on your card today. Would you like another drink?"

5 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I don't even think it applies to bars on ships.  I have never been told I couldn't buy multiple drinks without verifying who was drinking them.

21 hours ago, asquared17 said:

Absolutely no reason to be sneaky.  You aren't doing anything wrong.  The vouchers are NOTHING like lounge access, the promotional material put out by Royal even promotes "buy a drink for a friend"

3 hours ago, Randon1234 said:

Does it have to be a shot and beer type combination? or for example, could you order 2 beers at a time with 1 seapass card? 

This is where experience and tips come into play. Experience bartenders will let you get two drinks in any combination because they understand the lines can get long, they also will look out for you because they know you tip. My brother was able to get double, doubles all the time because they bartender knew him. Obviously, we don't break any rules but who wants to leave their loungers more than once while on deck. Sometimes the servers will get you multiple drinks as well.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

This is where experience and tips come into play. Experience bartenders will let you get two drinks in any combination because they understand the lines can get long, they also will look out for you because they know you tip. My brother was able to get double, doubles all the time because they bartender knew him. Obviously, we don't break any rules but who wants to leave their loungers more than once while on deck. Sometimes the servers will get you multiple drinks as well.

Tips is the key, got it