Taxi ride at Cozumel Port

blueyes1961

The taxi's on Cozumel are safe, I've been to Cozumel 12 times and have never had an issue. I don't know of another way to get to the beach resorts unless you take a taxi, it would be a long walk.

We are not going to Mr. Sancho's, we are going to Nachicocom, what I have heard is that Mr Sanchos is more of a party atmosphere where as Nachicocom is more laid back and relaxed, both beaches are supposed to be really nice.

Cozumel is a tourism focused location, and in general, one of the ports I feel safest in. We were very nervous taking a taxi out on our own to Nachi Cocom in November last year, and now feel very confident doing it on our upcoming Allure cruise. Nothing to worry about! 

14 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

The taxi's on Cozumel are safe, I've been to Cozumel 12 times and have never had an issue. I don't know of another way to get to the beach resorts unless you take a taxi, it would be a long walk.

We are not going to Mr. Sancho's, we are going to Nachicocom, what I have heard is that Mr Sanchos is more of a party atmosphere where as Nachicocom is more laid back and relaxed, both beaches are supposed to be really nice.

3 minutes ago, blueyes1961 said:

ok thanks for the info....gonna check out that beach as well....maybe we will switch....

I can vouch for Nachi Cocom as well. Amazing all inclusive beach day.

Guest toodle68

One item to note.. there could be a long line at the taxi's.  When we arrived it looked like a 20-30 minute wait.. and it was hot and no shade.

Taxi's in Coz are perfectly safe.  Been taking them for years and never had an issue.

Last year I even did the stupid thing of leaving my backpack in the taxi.  It had my Android tablet, camera case, etc.  I figured it was gone as I couldn't even remember the cab number.  Told the "red hat" guy who coordinated the taxis for a given area, and he was on the radio tracking it down for me.  I had it back with all contents safe and sound within half an hour!

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Just negotiate your price first, before getting in the taxi, there should be a guy standing around past the peir that acts like he is in charge, tell him what you need. If you work with people before hand and get a bigger group, 4-6, the price should go down.

No need for all of that at the port in Cozumel. All of the prices for popular destinations are posted. Don't know how recent this pic is (its from Google image search) but it is similar to what we saw Christmas of 2015.

0E1E7CA8-ECA7-47EB-B2D5-9EFA189BF96A-14030-00000CD42D958353.jpeg

And in U.S. dollars, excellent!!  My wife and I are doing the Walking tour downtown (which apparently no one has ever done!) and was hoping if they herd us back to the ship too soon we could jus skip the return bus and grab a later cab.  I know from google maps there is a taxi stand right at the plaza so this will be perfect! 

1 hour ago, jce2 said:

And in U.S. dollars, excellent!!  My wife and I are doing the Walking tour downtown (which apparently no one has ever done!) and was hoping if they herd us back to the ship too soon we could jus skip the return bus and grab a later cab.  I know from google maps there is a taxi stand right at the plaza so this will be perfect! 

You can flag a taxi down in downtown San Miguel anywhere.  

Seriously, Cozumel is a NO WORRIES place.  Good people, good times.  

I've been to Mr Sanchos. Can't wait to go back. That's my review. I was a bit anxious as it was my first "non RC" venture, especially regarding the return to ship. When we left to get back to the ship,  there was a line of taxis that had to be at least 50 or more. All modern, all air conditioned. Service is amazing. Again, can't wait to go back in September. ?

I keep debating in my head between those 2 places....you all are not helping!   Because im getting the drink pkg on board though,  im thinking of not drinking very much though ans hate to pay for what i don't use.  Which one is a better fit for a 14 year old?  We might just head to chankannaub though...loved the beach area there and my husband has never met dolphins!   I know i can look all this stuff up but that's what i love about this site...i can be lazy!  Jane

Guest toodle68
On 5/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, Floski said:

Just deposited for Nachi Cocom in January.
Will there be taxis available there in the afternoon for a ride back to town?

Taxi's do not sit outside NachiCocom.. but when you are ready to leave, just let your assigned server know and they call one for you.. they will even give you the number of the taxi which is assigned to you..

On 5/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, Floski said:

Just deposited for Nachi Cocom in January.

Will there be taxis available there in the afternoon for a ride back to town?

Yep! Typically, when you are ready to leave just let your waiter know and they will summon one for you. Nothing to stress about!