Royal Up Bid Cancelled 3x, now minimum bid has doubled

SeaSomm

Has this ever happened to anyone? I received an invitation to bid on an upgrade and submitted bids on two staterooms for just above the minimum. My Royal Up request was subsequently cancelled without explanation. I resubmitted the bids twice and each time they were cancelled. I spoke with three different RC representatives. None of them had any idea why my Royal Up requests were cancelled. I tried to resubmit my bids just now and the minimum bid has doubled, pricing me out of the offer. Obviously, RC can handle upgrades any way they wish, but I feel jerked around.

Paging at@twangster I am of the understanding that the Royal Up program is managed by a third party vendor, Royal would not know anything about this or be able to help. I do know this has happened to me once. My bid was canceled and then I went back in and the minimum bid allowed was 3X as much, at the end of the day it's about making the most $$ they can of course so I bid if I'm comfortable but I most always book a cabin I will be happy with initially. Good Luck, standing by for @twangsterhe knows all and explains it so well. 

Royal-Up is not run by RC.   So, calling them does not help.    The 3rd party vendor doing Royal-Up tries to get the most money they can and can change the minimum bids depending on how the bidding is going.   I have bid the maximum bid on cabins and did not get them.  Obviously were many maximum bids, and not sure how they decide from there?   First to bid maybe?  Or category of cabin you are moving from?

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

There have been reports of this happening, suggesting that your assigned room keeps changing, which triggers something on the Royal Up side to cancel all bids.

I wondered if it had to do with the GTY status. I've had an assigned room for about a week, though, and it has not changed, while the Royal Up offer has been cancelled twice since the room was assigned.