Poolside Casita on the Ship

Va4fam

We had some OBC and used it to book a one day casita rental on Navigator.

No more chair hogs, yay!

It says the rental period is from 9 am - 5 pm.  Are we allowed to come whenever we want?  Is it ours to use the entire allotted time or do we lose it if we leave for lunch?

Has anyone done the onboard casita rental on a ship can can share more details?

Just completed a B2B on the Navigator in January. Not certain when your cruise is but it was pretty chilly on board (Lido deck) the first 2 days or so upon departing the LA cruise terminal. Not many casitas were occupied. About the 3rd day it warmed up enough. And as Xaa said, its yours for the day. Enjoy your casita and your cruise 😀!

21 minutes ago, 14Terry said:

Just completed a B2B on the Navigator in January. Not certain when your cruise is but it was pretty chilly on board (Lido deck) the first 2 days or so upon departing the LA cruise terminal. Not many casitas were occupied. About the 3rd day it warmed up enough. And as Xaa said, its yours for the day. Enjoy your casita and your cruise 😀!

Thanks @14Terry.  I assumed it might be chilly the first couple of days and booked it for the day after we leave Puerto Vallarta.  Should still be warm.

Were pool decks and solarium crowded on your B2B? 

Not sure the casita rental justifies the cost but figure it's worth trying once.....YOLO right?

If it helps at all, I just got off Navigator this week and spent every morning of my 3 night cruise up on the jogging track at 5am. At 5am, the chalkboard signs for the reserved casitas already had names on them for the day ("Welcome, Smith Family!"). So, it really is aaaaaall day.

I also agree with @14Terry- it was flipping COLD up there on the pool deck! I felt sorry for all the people competing in the belly flop competition - there I was wearing a coat and wrapped in my blanket while they were in swim trunks only... 🤣 Pool deck and Solarium were NOT crowded, but the hot tubs were!!!

6 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Thanks @14Terry.  I assumed it might be chilly the first couple of days and booked it for the day after we leave Puerto Vallarta.  Should still be warm.

Were pool decks and solarium crowded on your B2B? 

Not sure the casita rental justifies the cost but figure it's worth trying once.....YOLO right?

You should be fine with the day you've reserved. The only time I observed crowds on the pool decks and solarium were during sea days. I believe you'll enjoy the casita (we only live once)!

We rented a Casita on our last cruise and yes, all day. We like the button you can push service even though we were in front of bar so they were always available! You get water included in an ice bucket and we ended up getting a nice fruit plate that was delivered to us. We liked how we can have a designated space to relax. You choose your Casita location when you sign up on ship. 

I booked a casita two days on Wonder last summer. One was a port day and it was probably a waste as there were plenty of loungers available. On the sea day we would not have had lounger if not for the casita. 

I booked ahead on the cruise planner, but to pick the location I had to go to one of the bars near the pool deck from 9 am on the day to reserve the specific casita. I then had to go back to the bar to check in later in the day when we came back to actually use it.  Some had already been booked by 9 am and had their names written on the casitas. I assumes those were star class as I wasn’t given the option for choosing ahead and our name was never written on ours.  

We did have someone’s stuff on our casita when we got there on the pool day but the attendant moved it. 

It didn’t offer the best protection from the sun but I’d consider booking one again for a sea day especially as we don’t tend to hit the pool deck early so have less chance of finding loungers. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JSutton said:

Could you tell me if there’s anything included with the daily rental of the casitas?  Can you order from a specific menu? 

From the description in the Cruise Planner

And everything you need is already there — like towels, a cooler, storage for your belongings and a charging outlet. We’ll make sure you stay refreshed with two complimentary Welcome Drinks and four chilled waters. And dedicated service always on standby so you can enjoy your fave poolside drinks, brought to you with the touch of a button.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, JSutton said:

Could you tell me if there’s anything included with the daily rental of the casitas?  Can you order from a specific menu? 

The cooler had ice and four cans of waters stocked already when we arrived.  For the two complimentary drinks you can basically order anything that the Lime & Coconut can make (cocktails etc).  We were also given a Lime & Coconut cocktail menu to take back to our cabana, but after your initial two drinks everything is priced as normal.  Pretty sure there is no option for food. 

Also the description says storage is provided, but I didn't see storage except for the top of the side table that doubled as the cooler.  I really would have appreciated a locker or similar.