Cruise Critic > Royal Reviews

Censored

Frequent Royal cruisers are obviously a member of this blog. Just curious if anybody refers to Cruise Critic for up to date data?   I believe it is the same company as TripAdvisor which I participate frequently on my land resort vacations. , and find that very helpful as I can contact the poster directly to find out more detail on the property they just reviewed.   RoyalCaribbeanblog has been helpful getting answers in detail much better than the monday night Q&A which is the same old ...over and over again.... and obviously great for newbies. 

I think you will find there allot of good information , the problem, like in trip advisor people tend to add revue when they want to complain about something so as any site like that you need to read it with a grain of salt.

I myself,  go to read the CC royal Caribbean boards whenever I want to humor myself , when I want real good direct easy to find info about RCL cruises I always come to this site. 

35 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I think you will find there allot of good information , the problem, like in trip advisor people tend to add revue when they want to complain about something so as any site like that you need to read it with a grain of salt.

I myself,  go to read the CC royal Caribbean boards whenever I want to humor myself , when I want real good direct easy to find info about RCL cruises I always come to this site. 

I agree with this. I switched a few years ago and much prefer it here. 

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

True enough. I know exactly how to  extrapolate  from Trip Advisor.   I always look at how many contributions the reviewer has posted. In most cases the extreme negative ones are only  a  "one off" reviewer. ( revenge post)  Then I look at the extreme 5 star positive reviews... again , one off"  reviewers. and not seasoned experienced travellers.   So I try to find middle ground if its there.   Apples to apples comparisons.    I think mainstream cruise ships are all basically very very similar. Royal seems to have an edge with more "bang for your buck" meaning best value equation. Is it 5 star luxury? No. Not even in a sky suite.  You have to go to the ultra luxury premium lines for that... and usually very few complaints.  You get what you pay for.... seems to be true enough.

I only go there for one single board since we have a future cruise in Europe booked on a different line.  Some of the people there are hard to take, but I've been able to ignore them and find the info I want.  I've seen some names I recognize, which is neat.

I like coming here for the social aspect as well as the information provided.  The atmosphere here is really nice and there are people I'd like to meet in person.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:09 PM, jbrinkm said:

I go back and forth. There are more people over there which means faster and more responses (not always helpful). I find the people and interactions better over here. Not as many belligerent responses just to stir up trouble. More helpful information over here.

This, exactly.