Post cruise luggage day storage

11 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to check you luggage at the airport then leave and come back? I've always thought that was a thing people can do but I wonder if there is a security reason why they may not allow this.

Bags are usually checked before the security screening at most airports, but there may be time frames at which luggage can be checked.  I think it's three hours prior.

23 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to check you luggage at the airport then leave and come back? I've always thought that was a thing people can do but I wonder if there is a security reason why they may not allow this.

Most airlines have a time window where you can't check it in too early.

Some airports do have luggage storage options, for a fee of course.

23 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Bags are usually checked before the security screening at most airports, but there may be time frames at which luggage can be checked.  I think it's three hours prior.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Most airlines have a time window where you can't check it in too early.

Some airports do have luggage storage options, for a fee of course.

Thanks! It makes sense for there to be a time frame. Less likely to lose things if they aren't just chilling back there for too long. There are only so many carts for so many planes...

I

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

it used to be a TSA rule that you couldn’t go through TSA security till 4 hours before your flight or check your luggage.  We unfortunately found this at San Juan along with lots of other travelers.  A stern elderly lady would not let you get in the TSA security line till EXACTLY 4 hours before our flight. 

We had a late flight after our last cruise and we booked a Day Use hotel for the day. There are different services you can search for online. We didn't want to spend a whole bunch of money on another excursion right after our cruise and the space allowed us to store our luggage, nap, use the pool, walk out a get a lunch locally, rearrange our luggage from how we had it for putting out the night before on the ship, use the wifi and generally just chill for the day in a comfortable space while we waited. We had to use a rideshare TO the hotel but then they had a free shuttle to the airport from there.