Falmouth

It really depends on your comfort level. Falmouth as a town is a pit. I have walked around it and had drinks at a local bar. But I am extremely comfortable in developing (and, frankly, non-developing) countries, and I ...well, blend in a bit more than many on this forum probably do 🙂 I do understand the hesitancy of many people, and unless you're very comfortable in that type of place, I would recommend skipping the town itself as a visit. 

Just there last week, the fenced in port area is quite large, with a good variety of shopping and drinking choice.  You will have no problem finding your Red Stripe in the port area.  We found the prices to be higher here than the other ports we have been in.  Some shops were asking $10 for a magnet, so look around before you buy.   Also, we took a RCCL tour to Tropical Bliss Beach, so don't know much about the town itself.

9 hours ago, RichCruise7 said:

Sailing this Sunday (23rd) out of Miami and Falmouth is one of the stops.

What's the port like? Want to tick off a bucket list thing and have a pint of Red Stripe in Jamaica, will this be doable here? Simple things and all that......

The port is not great at all. With that being said, there are some interesting excursions to take through RC. We enjoyed the rafting in Marta Brae with beach break (yes red stripes on the beach). I find the port to be sketchy at best and would advise you do not venture out on your own. 

Every tourist has different ideas of what they like, and what to expect.  We especially like the port area of Falmouth.  And being simple, an exciting excursion to me is the tram tour, driving in and out of the town.  I like to see personally, the local pulse of  the places we visit.