Sugar free desserts?

Becky0976

If you have the Royal app already installed, look at Dining - Main Dining - and select a day to get a general idea of what is offered. For example, on my next cruise, on Day 1 it lists a No Sugar Added Pear & Blueberry Cobbler. On Day 2 a No Sugar Added Peach Shortcake. Day 3: No Sugar Coconut Layer cake - etc etc. So a good variety. I also remember seeing sugarless desserts in Windjammer. 

23 hours ago, Becky0976 said:

Thanks, I’ll look closer to the cruise. Right now, the app is only showing the vegan options 

You can see the full menu by checking out the current cruise.

With the app open, click on the head+shoulders icon towards top right. Then, just below the name of your sailing, you should see "Select a different sailing". Click on that and then scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says "Get more details on ships we support". Click on that and choose Anthem from the list. Then choose the sailing at the top, which will be the current sailing, and you'll be able to view the full menus.

Note that Anthem is currently sailing in Europe, so there are some additional market-targeted dishes on there at the moment, e.g. pies and curries, that will disappear once she returns Stateside.

Absolutely! As stated by @CrimsonCruiser, the MDR will have at least one new Sugar Free/No Sugar Added dessert each night with an ice cream flavor with no added sugar also available each night. 

Also be on the lookout in other venues (Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, Etc.) for Sugar Free/No Sugar added treats as well, such as Chocolate Mousse, parfaits, and chocolate chip cookies (my favorite!). (These items will be labeled as SF or NSA)

Your F.I.L. will find no shortage of delicious things to enjoy!

Just looking ahead to a cruise I have in a few months, the MDR sugar-free offerings are:

• Pear and Blueberry Cobbler
  • Peach Shortcake
  • Coconut Layer Cake
  • Dark Chocolate Custard
  • Profiteroles
  • Pineapple Sunshine Cake
  • Cherries Jubilee

Those are just the ones specifically advertised as "no sugar added." There may be other options available and the menu could conceivably change between now and your cruise. But this has been kind of a "standard" menu for some time now, so that should at least give you an idea. There is always at least one of these on the MDR menu, as well as several options in the Windjammer. 

I travel with family members who are diabetic and they've never missed a dessert yet.  😀

1 hour ago, WesKinetic said:

Just looking ahead to a cruise I have in a few months, the MDR sugar-free offerings are:

• Pear and Blueberry Cobbler
  • Dark Chocolate Custard
  • Profiteroles

Those three were so good on our Alaska trip in May that I made sure to get them again on our S2S in July. NSA not required for my health, but some of the NSA desserts are better than many of the "regular" desserts, IMO.