Finally turned Diamond

Congratulations! We’ve enjoyed our Diamond perks and will technically become Diamond Plus on our Odyssey cruise in October. We will get to enjoy our new status next spring on Wonder. 

The 4 free drinks are really nice. We usually get the drink package but this past spring we sailed Harmony in a suite so we got our 4 drinks plus the free suite drinks! Not buying the drink package is like $1,000-$1,200 discount lol 

How does the free drinks work exactly?

Do the waiters ask you if you want to use one of your free drinks when you order something and they see at your card that you are diamond? Or do you have to tell the waiter before ordering that you want the next order to be taken from your diamond free drinks?

Can you just order one drink at a time or order several free drinks at the same time?

32 minutes ago, Mathias said:

How does the free drinks work exactly?

Do the waiters ask you if you want to use one of your free drinks when you order something and they see at your card that you are diamond? Or do you have to tell the waiter before ordering that you want the next order to be taken from your diamond free drinks?

Can you just order one drink at a time or order several free drinks at the same time?

Usually they default to using your voucher unless you tell them otherwise. You can order all of your free drinks at once if you like.

14 hours ago, Mathias said:

Thank you, good to know. So if you don't say anything, your first four orders at the bar will be free.

Yep. So if you're buying a cheaper drink and want to save your voucher for something pricier, make sure you tell them you DON'T want to use a Diamond voucher on that purchase.

There are also a couple discounts you get as Diamond that you could use..there's a 50% off beer/wine I think? There should be a sheet of all the discounts in your cabin. You have to ask before you use any of those.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yep. So if you're buying a cheaper drink and want to save your voucher for something pricier, make sure you tell them you DON'T want to use a Diamond voucher on that purchase.

There are also a couple discounts you get as Diamond that you could use..there's a 50% off beer/wine I think? There should be a sheet of all the discounts in your cabin. You have to ask before you use any of those.

Yes you are correct.  (2) 50% off coupons per Diamond member for beer or wine.  And good advice on saving the voucher for a pricer option.  I'm more of a beer drinker and my wife more of a cocktail drinker so I made sure free Diamond drinks went to cocktails.  All you have to do is tell the bartender when to apply the 50% coupons.  

2 hours ago, Hutcherl said:

Yes you are correct.  (2) 50% off coupons per Diamond member for beer or wine.  And good advice on saving the voucher for a pricer option.  I'm more of a beer drinker and my wife more of a cocktail drinker so I made sure free Diamond drinks went to cocktails.  All you have to do is tell the bartender when to apply the 50% coupons.  

Is that 50% off beer and wine by the glass? Is that unlimited for the cruise or a certain amount?