Jump to content

Deluxe drink package for one


Recommended Posts

I am trying to get information regarding purchasing the deluxe drink package. The other person that is in my stateroom cannot drink due to medication that they take. Will I still have to purchase the drink package for 2 people, or will I be able to just purchase it for myself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here as well. My husband has a medical condition and does not/should not drink much. Royal has it noted in his profile. When I go in to purchase my drink package, it does not require it for him - even if it's a "buy one/get one discounted" package it just reprices for one person when I select myself only. Nothing has popped up requiring him to purchase any other drink package, such as the Refreshment Package, but I have done so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kevpeirce said:

We’ve done this for our last 3 cruises since my wife’s gluten free and can’t drink many of the drinks, it’s a fairly easy process and if there is something she wants we just pay for it accordingly. 

What drinks have gluten? I'm gluten free and can't figure out which ones would have wheat besides beer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kevpeirce said:

We’ve done this for our last 3 cruises since my wife’s gluten free and can’t drink many of the drinks, it’s a fairly easy process and if there is something she wants we just pay for it accordingly. 

Did they make her buy another package? I called yesterday to try and book one of the deluxe drink packages for my husband. (I can’t drink because of some medications). I have the soda/internet package already booked but they told me I would have to have the other refreshment package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SFaz said:

Did they make her buy another package? I called yesterday to try and book one of the deluxe drink packages for my husband. (I can’t drink because of some medications). I have the soda/internet package already booked but they told me I would have to have the other refreshment package. 

The non drinker must buy the refreshment package, the soda package won't cut it unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

What drinks have gluten? I'm gluten free and can't figure out which ones would have wheat besides beer?

I was wondering this myself.  I am gluten free and can have wine, Truly, any hard liquor (vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, etc), club soda, regular soda, and many of the liquers, so I don't really see how being gluten free would affect the ability to have the DBP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ellcee said:

What drinks have gluten? I'm gluten free and can't figure out which ones would have wheat besides beer?

 

20 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

I was wondering this myself.  I am gluten free and can have wine, Truly, any hard liquor (vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, etc), club soda, regular soda, and many of the liquers, so I don't really see how being gluten free would affect the ability to have the DBP.

I suspect it has to do with the mixers -- the more complicated the drink the more likely there will be an ingredient with gluten. Margarita mix, for example, often has gluten. Why, I don't know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, KristiZ said:

 

I suspect it has to do with the mixers -- the more complicated the drink the more likely there will be an ingredient with gluten. Margarita mix, for example, often has gluten. Why, I don't know!

thank you. Super helpful to know for future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kirsten said:

I was wondering this myself.  I am gluten free and can have wine, Truly, any hard liquor (vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, etc), club soda, regular soda, and many of the liquers, so I don't really see how being gluten free would affect the ability to have the DBP.

Mixers, liquor and beer all can contain gluten. Cross contamination is also an issue with bars. A lot of this also depends on if you’re celiac, have a sensitivity to it or if you’re doing it as a diet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, kevpeirce said:

Mixers, liquor and beer all can contain gluten. Cross contamination is also an issue with bars. A lot of this also depends on if you’re celiac, have a sensitivity to it or if you’re doing it as a diet. 

On Royal I ordered my usual vodka based drink at the bar and when I sipped  it it tasted off.  My lip started going numb.  I finally caught the attention of the bartender and told him something was wrong.  He insisted he only put vodka in my drink.  I told him it tasted like black licorice.  He insisted I was wrong, then you could see the lightbulb go on, and he said he had made a sambuca shot for someone and must not have rinsed the shot measured out.  I never knew I was sensitive to sambucca, I had tried black licorice as a kid and didn’t like it.  I never had sambucca before.  So be aware of cross contamination!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...