nextcruise - always non-refundable rate?

44 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

If you book thru next cruise then reprice because of a price drop, do you loose the OBC?

NextCruise OBC should survive a reprice while other promotional OBC that might be part of a booking is usually lost during a reprice.  Don't assume all OBC obtained for a NextCruise booking is all NextCruise OBC.  Sometimes a portion of the OBC is from promotions that happen to be available at that time.

2 hours ago, dadLovesNachos said:

So I booked a nextcruise on my last cruise, but the info was a bit of a blur.  I'm trying to book the cruise now, but was wondering is it always a nonrefundable booking? or can you use it to book a refundable rate?

It sounds like you purchased a future cruise certificate rather than a booking for a specific ship & sail date. 

The future cruise certificates are non-refundable.  I don't think they can be purchased as refundable.  Only when you book an actual cruise at NextCruise, i.e. a specific ship and sail date, can you request refundable vs. the default of non-refundable.

if we do a sailing that is greater than 5 days, and final deposit is due 90 days before.  Does that mean when within 90 days the non-refundable and refundable are subject to the same cancellation charge? or does refundable mean you always get back your total amount?

Refundable is no longer refundable after final payment and is subject to the same cancellation fees within 90 days as non-refundable at that point.  Since you only have to put up a deposit prior to 90 days, technically it's the deposit that's refundable/non-refundable. 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:42 AM, luiiismdo said:

can anyone who's been on symphony confirm if they have an omelette station at the windjammer?

thanks in advance

10 hours ago, twangster said:

NextCruise OBC should survive a reprice while other promotional OBC that might be part of a booking is usually lost during a reprice.  Don't assume all OBC obtained for a NextCruise booking is all NextCruise OBC.  Sometimes a portion of the OBC is from promotions that happen to be available at that time.

We booked our January 2023 Odyssey thru NextCruise while on the ship and we repriced it a few months later...just checked and our onboard credit is still showing.

10 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Refundable is no longer refundable after final payment and is subject to the same cancellation fees within 90 days as non-refundable at that point.  Since you only have to put up a deposit prior to 90 days, technically it's the deposit that's refundable/non-refundable. 

that clears it up, it makes more sense now, thanks.. so the nextcruise is actually a really good deal even without the OBC because the deposit is so small and the final payment is the same date as final payment for refundable and you book the non-refundable rate (just have to book another cruise within a year)

1 hour ago, dadLovesNachos said:

that clears it up, it makes more sense now, thanks.. so the nextcruise is actually a really good deal even without the OBC because the deposit is so small and the final payment is the same date as final payment for refundable and you book the non-refundable rate (just have to book another cruise within a year)

The tradeoff in booking non-refundable is you lose that deposit if you want to change your sailing or have to cancel, but you get a lower fare.

Refundable you will pay a premium to not have to lose the deposit if you need the flexibility.

I think so, but you're still taking a chance with your deposit. 

8 hours ago, steverk said:

I think so, but you're still taking a chance with your deposit. 

Check your prices, example a cruise for 2 the refundable rate is $225 more than the NRD, but if You booked Next Cruise the deposit is only $100 per person.  With a refundable rate no matter what happens your still at least $25 in the hole.

12 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Check your prices, example a cruise for 2 the refundable rate is $225 more than the NRD, but if You booked Next Cruise the deposit is only $100 per person.  With a refundable rate no matter what happens your still at least $25 in the hole.

Refundable NextCruise rates don't always qualify for $100 deposits.  In my experience they require full deposits.

Man on Oasis this past week the "Next cruise" area was hoping! I mean I could not believe how busy it was. Business is good I'd say. I've always wanted to book through "Next cruise" but it never works out. I'm already booked by the time I sail on my current cruise. A cool perk for something like that would be double points for booking through "Next cruise".